“A welcome return...”
Review of Cafe des Amis

Cafe des Amis
Ranked #12 of 369 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ely, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A welcome return...”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Having been regulars around 20 years ago, we moved away from the area but came back to visit last weekend for the first time since. We were worried it would not live up to the great memories we have from before, but if anything it matched, or possible exceeded, previous meals we have had there. Food was fantastic, great service, and a lovely environment to be in, (great artwork from TOTALPAP too)

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUM!YUM!YUM”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I forgot how good Cafe Des is, been a while since I've been here, really nice to sit outside with the Westgate Towers as a back drop, new waiters and waitresses, as good as ever, really friendly and very chilled, Duck Fajitas, wow, how much have I missed them, Cafe Des still rocks the mexican front in Canterbury, cheers guys

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“One of my favourite restaurants ever!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I've been visiting Cafe des Amis for over ten years. It's without a doubt one of my favourite restaurants of all time. The atmosphere is great especially of an evening, service is friendly and quick and the food is exceptional. I've never had fajitas as good as the ones here - you'd be hard pressed to find any better ones. The nachos are brilliant too. I adore all the accompaniments you get for your fajitas too - especially the gorgeous refried black beans. I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Visited April 2013
Faversham, United Kingdom
“What a great raffle prize”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I won a meal for two and went along with my son, assuming we would get shoved in a corner and offered a limited choice. Quite the opposite. The greeter seemed genuinely pleased to welcome us, nothing was off limits on the menu and we were shown to prime seat with views of the river Stour. The service was spot on, never rushed, never neglected and all with a smile. The food was exceptionally good, great taste, well presented and served bang on the pace as far as timing goes. Although we didn't have to pay I studied the menu prices as I will certainly visit again. The prices were very reasonable indeed for food this good in such a nice environment.

Thank you Canterbury Festival for such a great raffle prize. Well done Cafe des Amis for providing such excellent service. As Arnie once said, I'll be back.

Visited August 2013
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Best Mexican food in Canterbury”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Always amazing, never disappoints! Chicken fajitas are my favourite and they make a great mojito too! Also make sure you check out the menu artwork and dotted around the place - by amazing artist Dave McKean.

• Visited December 2012