“Superb!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Friends had recommended us to try this restaurant during a recent visit to Canterbury - we weren't disappointed! We went on a Wednesday evening, hadn't booked, and were lucky to get a table. Enthusiastic and friendly staff, great atmosphere and superb food. Excellent value for money in our opinion.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Lots of atmosphere here and very good Mexican food. Recommend the Yacatan starter- good and authentic, we lived there some years ago! My main course of lamb stew could have had more spice but the lamb was cooked to perfection. The duck with sauce could also have been spicier but I suppose the European taste has to be considered. Again great duck.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Midweek dinner for two at what is clearly one of Canterbury's most popular restaurants. Lovely atmosphere and a real buzz about the place. Luckily we had booked as we watched four groups of walk-ins being politely declined as we arrived. Great Mexican food, clearly prepared and cooked from scratch. Tortilla starters and chicken fajitas may not sound particularly gastronomic but when it's all done like this it really is just damn good food! On reflection, we should have been more adventurous with our menu choice but if I'm totally honest, I didn't expect everything to be so good. I love restaurants like this. No pretence, no fluff, just good ingredients cooked with passion and served by people who look like they're happy to be there too. Go, it's just bags of fun, but book...

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been coming here for many years and am always trying to quantify why I like the place so much. The food is great, the atmosphere is great and the staff are second to none.
When I enter I am always greeted with a warm welcome and its almost like visiting friends. Danny has helped establish this place as one of the really enjoyable places to eat in Canterbury, an ethos that is carried out in its sister restaurant, the Cafe Du Soleil across the road.
You cant beat excellent food, great atmosphere and friendly staff. It makes the whole expereience one to enjoy.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

This restaurant is pricey but offers 50% discount for students! well worth taking advantage of! The food is pretty good and they also serve really nice cocktails.
Rumour has it that it is also Orlando Bloom's favourite restaurant in Canterbury.