“"Fresh,vibrant,taste sensation"”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Buzzing even on a Sunday night,this wonderful restaurant delivers year after year.The crab cake starter was delicious,as was the crispy calamari ( so often a let down when eating out) The sizzling Fahita main with side dishes was first class,all washed down with a soft Merlot.I cook for a living,am always critical when eating out,this place is layed back cool dining at it's best,go ahead,dine with confidence.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've been going to cafe des amis for many, many years and it retains it's excellent food and atmosphere.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My first visit to Cafe des Amis will most certainly not be my last.
I visited with 3 others before a show at the Marlowe and am very grateful I booked. While we were sat there we saw at least two couples get turned away and this was before 6 o'clock!
The food was absolutely fantastic, we all had starters and then two sorts of fajitas (pork and prawn). The portions were generous and beautifully cooked. Possibly the best Mexican we've had!
Yes, it's a little cramped but it adds to the charm. The service was very good, prompt and pleasant. Although it was a little more costly than we expected, we certainly felt it was worth it.

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I have been here about 4-5 times and the food is always superb. I must say that it can be on the pricey side if you have a decent appetite and I'm slightly unconvinced that it's a place to go for a quiet or romantic meal. Best suited to party groups of 4-8 people in my opinion.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

this resturant has been a favourite among family and friends for as long as i can remember. the chefs do a wonderful job at taking old favourites/familiar dishes to the next level. usually i live by trying something knew. when you head to cafe des amis try something you know to experience food you know done better than ever. staff are usually ok.