“Brilliant”

The Ambrette Canterbury
Ranked #10 of 363 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Just had Sunday lunch and all I can say. Is "brilliant". The staff are lovely without being in your face. The food was absolutely beautiful. We had the Merlot rose wine which set everything off. Everyone I know, and those I don't should give it ago.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Jackie H

Herne Bay, Kent
“An amazing VIP birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I was lucky enough alongside 3 friends to go to the VIP night on Friday 18th July (which coincided with my birthday!) I've eaten at the Ambrette in Margate and Rye on numerous occasions but this was my far my most favourite time!

The food was delicious - of anything we ate too much!! But every mouthful was a delight. You can tell that they are using good quality ingrediants and that it is made with love and care.

The service was fantastic - very attentive and friendly. We were lucky to chat with one of the chefs at the end of the experience and his passion clearly shone through.

I actually like the decor - it was minimal and comfortable. If I had to offer any suggestions to the restaurant then it would be to pay a bit more attention to making the toilets a nicer environment - but this is being a bit picky!!

This is no ordinary Indian - it is a flavoursome delightful experience that you won't be sorry to have tried.

3 Thank iloveyoutoo
Kent
“Great new location, lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Ambrette arrives in Canterbury with the same fusion fine dining that's worked so well in Rye and Margate.
I really liked the decor, which is modern and progressive whilst retaining some of the original building features such as the tiled floor.
Food of this complexity can be tricky to get right with a new site and a new team, but the food was excellent as always, and everything came out quickly. A treat!

3 Thank bass_and_drums
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Review night Tuesday,15 July”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Food & ambience was excellent but I was a little dissapointed with the dessert. However I will certainly be going back.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
“Visit The Ambrette, Canterbury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have visited The Ambrette, Margate on maybe a dozen occasions (it's my favourite dining venue) and was therefore delighted that a Canterbury restaurant was to open. Even better when friends invited Anne and I to one of the pre-opening taster dinners! A privilege to be there.
The Ambrette in Canterbury has to be visited - the experience is superb. Fantastic food, fantastic service and great surroundings. I can't wait to conjure up an excuse to "eat out" again so that we can make another visit. Going to go through the menu before the year's out!
Everyone will tell you this is not a "curry" house but the indian inspired dishes taste fantastic. Try it and see.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant