All reviews car park city centre ring road we booked a family room full english lovely hotel excellent location short walk good size visiting canterbury within easy walking distance main building double glazing on site parking busy road free parking english breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

A nice 2 night stay in this hotel overlooking the castle. Allocated room 10 in the annexe building overlooking the car park. An unusually shaped room with a super bathroom with a walk in shower. All usual facilities including wall mounted tv, tea and coffee making facilities. Central heating radiators and also an electric heater. Sadly the electrically illuminated mirror in the bathroom didn’t work ( house keeping ??).
We were due to stay 2 nights but my wife was taken ill and we weren’t able to travel on the first day. I had cancelled the booking.com and the hotel kept the room open for me. Breakfast was a little chaotic...we came down at 0900hrs and there were empty tables uncleared. We only waited 5 minutes or so to be seated. But other customer were directed into the lounge to wait for a table to become free. The buffet breakfast was nice but toast is toast and not warm bread.
I had mentioned it was our wedding anniversary and they sent a bottle of beer and a small Prosecco to the room...nice gesture.
Overall a nice experience and I would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2019 via mobile

We were here from the 19th Feb till 22nd February so glad we choose to stay here our room was spotlessly clean with 2 bath robes clean bedding lovely clean towels so well pleased .Breakfast is served buffet style and lots to choose from from English breakfast and continental with croissants pan au chocolate fresh fruit salad and yogurts which I enjoyed each morning a range of cereals fresh orange juice apple juice coffee etc ,staff are very welcoming and have lovely smiles no matter what time you see them and they all work so hard to make your stay enjoyable I am very impressed with this hotel central for lots to see and do around and will definetly stay here again thank you to all staff who work here you all do an amazing job

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

Very welcoming on arrival. Note it is first come first space on the car park even if you have said you want a space on booking. Even though we were early we could check in. We were n the coach house. Room was very spacious with well designed bathroom en suite. I love waterfall showers but I didn’t want to get my hair wet before my graduation photo so that was a challenge. Room very warm and due to double / secondary glazing no traffic noise even though you are on the ring road. Perfectly situated for cathedral town and for us Christchurch university. Breakfast was everything you expect although it’s help yourself to everything including tea and coffee. I would prefer a tea pot on the table. Be aware that on a graduation day everyone will be wanting a 7.30 breakfast so it’s a little crowded. Best tip - after checkout we could stay in the car park park saving £13.50 !
Bar a little limited but staff very helpful and friendly.
Will possibly return just for a canterbury stay.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2019

Great 4 night stay; 3 adults in one lovely, big room with good facilities. Especially happy to be able to make a hot drink and excellent Wifi.
Quiet, despite being on main road, very short walk to the centre. Good pub food on the way to the centre.
Friendly, polite and efficient reception and kitchen/cleaning staff.
Thanks for a lovely stay, would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed December 11, 2018

We had a 3 night stay at the hotel end of November beginning of December. The hotel is an unusual property close to the main centre and Cathedral. We stayed in the annex/coach house. The room was clean, comfortable and warm.
We had breakfast included but that needs some attention. I don't think they could cook fried eggs but the scrambled egg and bacon on offer wasn't very appetising. Otherwise a lovely place to stay.

Date of stay: December 2018