“We will back - Perfect in everyway”
Review of Tudor House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canterbury
Tudor House
Ranked #29 of 75 Canterbury B&B and Inns
lovethesunyeh
“We will back - Perfect in everyway”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I’ll leave it short and sweet:-

Gorgeous sixteenth century B&B, which oozes in charter.
Perfect location for Canterbury High Street & Cathedral, with the car park just a few minutes away.
Lovely owners - thanks so much Mazi.
Lovely room, extremely clean and very comfortable bed.
Excellent price.
Superb breakfast.
We will defiantly be returning!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovethesunyeh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dayton,Ohio USA
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have stayed here on 2 occasions: in 2010 with a friend and most recently in the Spring of 2011 with my husband. I value my safety and this is an excellent place to stay: near the historical area of Canterbury, near shopping, restaurants, and the church I attend when in Canterbury-St. Augustine's right next door. The decor is traditional and clean, the proprietors are so helpful! A traditional breakfast is served and they make accomodation for early departures or modified diets.
If you want to stay in piece of history but still have good comfort THIS is the place to stay. The prices were very reasonable and there is access to car parking a short walk away. I hope to back in Canterbury and SOON and will plan to stay at Tudor House again.

Room Tip: We had a room with a shower
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Thpeaky
Blean, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Stayed at Tudor House for one night in Sept. They had special offer and considering the location, very much within walking distance to everywhere in Canterbury centre and owners so friendly, this was simply best value for money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dosefrhaft
Glasgow
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stayed one night here and it was exactly what we were looking for. It has traditional decor and very friendly owners with a nice breakfast. It really is in a great location and is excellent value for money The only reason I am not giving it 5/5 is because we had opted for a shared bathroom which was carpeted (a bit old fashioned now) and whose shower was too small for someone of my height!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank McGmanGla
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I stayed at Tudor Hhouse back in June 2008 while travelling solo. I liked it so I brought my husband this year.

The proprietors are friendly and welcoming and breakfast is more than adequate. I loved my scrambled aggs:-)

It's a real Tudor town house so the floors aren't straight, nor are the walls. But that adds to the charm and from the top floor you have a view of the Cathedral! Everything in the city is within a short stroll...the Cathedral is 2 short blocks away.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeniwren11
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Little quaint B&B located in the very heart of the historical city centre. As many other reviewers have stated, the hosts were incredibly friendly and welcoming. But its main selling point must be its fantastic location!

Although the facilities are pretty basic but perfectly adequate for a comfortable break none-the-less, it is its fantastic location and great value for money that make this place a wonderful option to stay in Canterbury. I know I am repeating myself, but if you are looking to be within a stone's throw of all the tourist attractions, restaurants and pubs, do choose this B&B as it will allow you to explore the town and then go back for a quick nap in the afternoon ;)

Despite a continental breakfast not being available (we found that a cooked full English breakfast was a little too much at 8 in the morning - and even though I absolutely LOVE a full breakfast, I just couldn't manage it on that particular day!) and opted for extra toast with jam instead, the host was very attentive and kept bringing us toast and offering top ups of orange juice and coffee :)

All in all, a great little place and I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank annarella1978
Gibraltar
Reviewed February 21, 2011

this is my third stay at Tudor House.Clean as expected and great service and breakfast. Owner helped me with my luggage and assisted with tourist information

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo