“Value for money”
Review of Tudor House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canterbury
Tudor House
Ranked #28 of 73 Canterbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Stayed at Tudor House for one night in Sept. They had special offer and considering the location, very much within walking distance to everywhere in Canterbury centre and owners so friendly, this was simply best value for money.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dosefrhaft

Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stayed one night here and it was exactly what we were looking for. It has traditional decor and very friendly owners with a nice breakfast. It really is in a great location and is excellent value for money The only reason I am not giving it 5/5 is because we had opted for a shared bathroom which was carpeted (a bit old fashioned now) and whose shower was too small for someone of my height!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank McGmanGla
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I stayed at Tudor Hhouse back in June 2008 while travelling solo. I liked it so I brought my husband this year.

The proprietors are friendly and welcoming and breakfast is more than adequate. I loved my scrambled aggs:-)

It's a real Tudor town house so the floors aren't straight, nor are the walls. But that adds to the charm and from the top floor you have a view of the Cathedral! Everything in the city is within a short stroll...the Cathedral is 2 short blocks away.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jeniwren11
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Little quaint B&B located in the very heart of the historical city centre. As many other reviewers have stated, the hosts were incredibly friendly and welcoming. But its main selling point must be its fantastic location!

Although the facilities are pretty basic but perfectly adequate for a comfortable break none-the-less, it is its fantastic location and great value for money that make this place a wonderful option to stay in Canterbury. I know I am repeating myself, but if you are looking to be within a stone's throw of all the tourist attractions, restaurants and pubs, do choose this B&B as it will allow you to explore the town and then go back for a quick nap in the afternoon ;)

Despite a continental breakfast not being available (we found that a cooked full English breakfast was a little too much at 8 in the morning - and even though I absolutely LOVE a full breakfast, I just couldn't manage it on that particular day!) and opted for extra toast with jam instead, the host was very attentive and kept bringing us toast and offering top ups of orange juice and coffee :)

All in all, a great little place and I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank annarella1978
Reviewed February 21, 2011

this is my third stay at Tudor House.Clean as expected and great service and breakfast. Owner helped me with my luggage and assisted with tourist information

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank jsr28
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Booking was rather formal with strict Ts and Cs (checkout by 10am is pretty early, isn't it?), but everything was great. We were in a lovely Tudor room in a lovely Tudor house with an ensuite shower somehow squeezed into the room. We're not fans of carpeted toilets either, but overall it was very comfortable. The host was friendly and unobtrusive, and very attentive over the lovely breakfast. The location is great - just off the high street in the middle of the action (though we didn't stay out late at night with all the barely-clad students roaming the streets!). Definitely recommend the B&B though.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ThorntonsTwo
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I stayed at Tudor House in July with my husband for my graduation at the Cathedral. It's position is extremely convenient, but also quiet. The bed was comfortable - very important - and breakfast beautifully prepared. The owners are friendly and accommodating, without being intrusive and the price is incredibly reasonable. If you don't mind the historic, sloping floors and slightly "rustic" feel about the place, then it is absolutely for you. It does not have the clean-cut perfection of a large chain hotel, but is well worth staying in and good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business