“Very pleasant surprise”

Ranked #123 of 382 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cosmopolitan Mexican style - with bright colours and lively staff. Fresh food served in front of you, exactly to your taste, and then you can sit downstairs, or upstairs in fabulous box seating and communal tables. Also unusual Mexican drinks and gorgeous Mexican gifts perfect for friends and family.
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Just been to Club Burrito for the first time and I was very pleasantly surprised. I had the slow cooked beef with everything on it (except jalopenos - too hot for me). Staff very pleasant. The burito is actually very large, so make sure you go there really hungry as it's very filling. We could have had tequilla cocktail but we were driving, so we stuck to soft drinks. They are 3 kinds of salsa: mild, medium & hot. As i'm not a great fan of spicy, i had medium which was just right. But 5 hours later and I'm still full!

JordaneClubBurr... B, Manager at Club Burrito, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear ExpatFrog...Thank you for your brilliant review. We appreciate your opinion. The slow cooked beef is a great favourite, especially as it's sweet and tender. Our burrito's are huge (weighing over half a KG) and are very filling. All salsa's are great, and we dare you to try the hot & spicy on your next visit! Next time, you should definitely try out tequila cocktails, especially as we have our tequila tasting event coming up very soon! Keep an eye out.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Having lived in San Francisco for a few years I became quite a pro for eating the best burritos. I've been living back in the UK for several years and never yet had a burrito over here! I've been to places that served them but not to the quality I was used to so never ever ordered.

I saw this place and through I would give it a go. It's very retro and cool and obviously popular.

I was with my children who hadn't had a burrito before and aren't really receptive to spice.However, the staff are great and very helpful. The children sat upstairs while I ordered at the counter (eat in or take away). I ordered the works for myself and for the children chicken, rice and cheese - 1 burrito to share. With some tortilla chips as back up!

The whole lot were completely wolfed down! They were great :-)

I will definitely be visiting again. Maybe one day when I don't have children and am not driving so I can try their margaritas!

R B, Manager at Club Burrito, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Our Maragritas (and the chilli margarita) are definitely worth it so get that day off soon! We are honoured that you loved us, especially as you are from the world of Burritos. I fell in love with Burritos in San Fran in the Mission District well over 14 years ago so I Know what a compliment that it! YAY Club Burrito and see you soon; haste pronto!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Absolutely delicious filling burritos with great quality ingredients. A great selection of beer and cocktails when I was there and a really cool music scene with an excellent atmosphere, 100% recommend!!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Dear Mike H,....WOW! Thank you very much for your positive response - we value all of our reviews and yours is certainly one to be proud of! Yes, our Burrito's are filling, especially with the option of 8 extra toppings, and our burrito's weighing of over half a KG! All of our ingredients are of excellent quality, and we will always uphold this quality standard! You're right, We do offer a range of beer and cocktails; we offer various bottled beers, and draft beer, as well as cocktails (our favourite being the Mojito!) and our cocktail range, and not forgetting our tequila and rum range! You will have to visit again and try these!

We are hosting Cocktail, Tequila and Beer clubs - keep an eye out in store and on our website www.clubburrito.com.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

As a vegetarian I can't recommend this place. The only option for us veggies is cactus and onion and I didnt have much confidence in the meat being kept separate from everything else. The food is all served with the same spoons and gloves which is a nightmare for contamination. Seems a nice enough building and a good idea but expensive food and pushy service lets it down.

1  Thank Hannah S
R B, Manager at Club Burrito, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Hola. I can assure you everything is prepared and served separately with separate spoons which are never mixed. We only serve 4 Mex Street Food meals and are proud that within those there are many vegetarian options. E.g. Mexican beans, Monterey cheese, the cactus (which I loved eating in Mexico City whilst I was there and I was vegetarian at the time), other toppings... and also you can have a double portion of sweet red peppers if you prefer instead of the cactus.
We hope you come again and sample our simple list of delights! Hasta Luego

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I first ate in Club Burrito during their opening week and honestly, I have been back at least once a week every week since! Without a doubt the best Mexican food in Canterbury, and hands down my favourite eatery in the city. I've been raving to friends and colleagues about it! The food is fresh and hand made in front of your eyes (think Subway style), with a great choice of burritos and tacos made to your specification. The pork is my favourite, really succulent and tasty. Just watch out for their hot sauce - it's really very hot! The staff are so friendly and welcoming and stop at nothing to deliver the best experience possible. The atmosphere is superb, with live music nights and plenty of Mexican decor. They also sell Mexican goodies such as luchador masks! And they have a first class selection of tequilas, soda and mezcals. Their cocktails are reasonably priced, inventive and delicious.

Go now! It's amazing!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank James W
R B, Owner at Club Burrito, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

We are so bowled over to read your review, from a regular burrito lover this means so much! We strive to give everyone the best service, whether it's their first or 100th visit so fabulous that we are achieving this! YAY! See you lots and lots...hasta pronto