“Canterbury stay”

Premier Inn Canterbury City Centre Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Canterbury
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

I came down from London to visit some old university friends and stayed at the Canterbury City Centre premier inn, it was amazing! The room was perfect, sadly we didn't eat there but the menu looked very tasty! It is a brand new hotel so very clean and tidy and long awaited for canterbury!!! It was an amazing night and to top it all of my regards to Tristan and Aaron, two amazing staff members who were a pleasure to meet amd helped me look for the famous hypnos mattress! I will definitely be staying here when I am next down.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sam_jones1598
Write a ReviewReviews (1,045)

Reviewed May 22, 2014

me and my husband stayed here with our 3 children, the room was a family room with travelcot for the baby. the room was clean, tidy. The staff were very helpful and breakfast was nice. Also we were close to the town centre which was very handy, we will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This premier inn is a really good place to stay for seeing Canterbury. You only have a 3 min walk to the Centre. The only problem is the parking or lack of it. When you arrive you have to turn off a busy road there is no stopping place there is a couple of spaces which I was told belong to the Tesco next door so I would have to pay £6 a Day to park in the local car park. This is not explained on the web site when you book up. So if you are staying for a while it adds a lot of money on to your stay. There is a blue badge holders car park at the back of the hotel I had my Father in law with me who is not in good health and can not walk unaided. I spoke to the manageress when I realised there was no parking to see if I could park in that area and was told they have hundreds of badge holders trying to get a space every night. But every night I got back there was plenty spaces still empty! The Staff are great really helpful the food is great and the rooms are spotless. The bath has a overhead shower the bath is very deep and there is no antislip surface so you have to watch getting in and out. I would stay here again but not if I had my car as this would add a good bit on to my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This is a good hotel for someone wanting to be able to walk in to the city centre within a few minutes. It is reasonably priced, has very helpful staff and clean and it is not noisy. However you do have to remember to purchase a parking ticket from reception for £6 for 24hours the Longport car park that is nearly opposite the hotel as there is not parking at the hotel. So the best way is to pay £1.20 for one hour in the Longport car park then get the ticket. There is nowhere to park directly outside the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This is a really great, really clean and modern hotel. You can do you own check-in, print your room keys and purchase wifi access all on your own from a kiosk in the lobby. The rooms have all the essentials except a telephone and a safe. The rooms are very comfortable and quiet with a great view of the city. The hotel has the perfect location in the city centre very close (approximately 3 - 5 minutes walk) to the bus station and all of the major shops and restaurants. There is a Tesco just downstairs and a Waitrose just across the street.

On the negative side, they test the fire alarm every Monday. There is no sign in the bedroom notifying guests of this. I happened to miss the notice in the lobby on check-in and was totally scared out of my wits when the alarm went off on Monday. To make matters worse, the following day they had a fire drill. OMG!! I was asleep when the very loud, very scary alarm went off and kept ringing. Then I heard people running down the hall so of course I thought it was a real fire. I hurriedly got dressed, out of the room and down the stairs to then find out that it was a drill. It was the most frightening experience ever!

I think that they should put up notices in each room informing guests of their weekly fire alarm test and drills if they intend to keep it up. That was a truly disturbing experience for me. I would not wish it on anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank 84Frequent_Flyer
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

What a great hotel, location and fab staff.

Breakfast was great everything continuously replenished.

In the evening as we were part of a large group they made our evening meal/snacks as easy as possible and again the food was great.

The rooms are immaculate and amazingly quiet. The hotel is in the centre only 5 mins walk from everywhere.

Really recommend the hotel. The staff can't do enough for you.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Cloggiee
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Excellent hotel and very friendly staff, amazing view of the cathedral from our room (306). Parking two minute walk away with a £6.00 permit rather than paying 1.20 per hour! The only negative was when we decided to stay an extra night it was not very straight forward as if they did it at the desk they would have charged me more than me booking online, so for a very big hotel chain I find this very strange, but having said this the staff were very good and made sure we kept our original room. Very enjoyable stay and would def stay here again

Room Tip: Room 306 has an amazing view