“Best Ramen”

Tamago
Ranked #73 of 369 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Tamago brings Japan's 'ramen shop' phenomenon to Canterbury. It doesn't aim to offer fine dining but rather honest, authentic Japanese comfort food and speedy service in a fun, lively atmosphere.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Best Ramen”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Mains:
KimChi Ramen

Sides:
Marinated fried chicken infused with ginger and garlic.
Crunchy panko coated deep fried king prawns.

This has got to be the best place for Ramen. I loved the taste of the noodles and the stock was flavoured beautifully. I didn't think there was enough pork.
The sides were also very good.

Only downside for me was no chicken or beef Ramen, there is no beef dish on the entire menu.

Staff were fantastic and service great! The place was very clean and bright and also has a 5 star food and hygiene rating.

We went on a weekday and very surprised at how busy it was.

This restaurant should be in the main high street, its hidden gem at the moment.

2 Thank Dee P

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely Meal”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Went to Tamago at the weekend. Very friendly staff and quick service. Food was very good as well. Definitely would go again :-)

1 Thank Finn Q
Brighouse
“Unexpected Treat”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I had never been to a Japanese restaurant before and my best friend paid for our meal for my birthday. We had a Bento box and both really enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the pork done in ginger sauce with the sticky rice and pickles. The restaurant wasn't too fantastic, but the food and friendly staff well made up for this!

2 Thank PWrightBrighouse
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, bad service”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Went with my family when staying the weekend in Canterbury. The food was good but was let down by the service. We all ordered food then 5 minutes later were told that they'd sold out of 2 of the main courses we ordered. When the mains came they messed up one Ramen which was meat instead if vegi which for a vegetarian is pretty bad. Saw staff chatting a few times but almost had to go to the main desk to get the bill.

2 Thank Peter P
jamesrouth, Owner at Tamago, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Firstly thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We value all customer feedback good or bad as it helps us to improve, and clearly in this case we let you down. Generally the feedback on our service is very positive but perhaps in this case our staff were too relaxed and inattentive and for this I can only apologise. I will raise the matter with those concerned and make a general point to all staff that they should monitor all tables and be aware when customers need assistance, without of course being too intrusive. Please also accept our apologies for the mix-up with the vegetarian dish. Hopefully you will see from other reviews that the poor service you received was the exception rather than the norm, and that this will not deter you from giving us another chance one day.

Kind regards,

James Routh
“Oriental surprise in Canterbury”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

The food is very fresh and extremely tasty, when its busy, you dont have to wait long at all for a table, makes a change from the other Japanese restaurant, much nicer. I will return.