Travelodge Canterbury Chaucer Central
Castle House Hotel(Canterbury)
$106
The Millers Arms(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
$105
$102
  • Restaurant
$86
ABode Canterbury(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
$108
$99
  • Restaurant
The Victoria Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
$121
$118
The Falstaff in Canterbury(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
Orbitz.com
City of Canterbury B&B(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
$107
$87
$180
$157
  • Pool
Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
$102
$90
Cathedral Gate Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
$91
$88
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstravel lodgecity centreexcellent locationcar parka ground floor roombudget hotelroom was largegood nights sleepfamily roomcomfortable bedper daygood sizefew minutes walkreception staffstayed here for one nightwould stay againold building
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is the former Chaucer hotel and is different to many of the chains hotel as rooms vary in size and shape. I had a large double room, with shower room. It is a 2 minute walk to the city centre. Pillows were very uncomfortable. Staff and cleanliness were excellent. I would consider staying here on a future trip.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cmalone857
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights reticently, and I have to say it was a pleasant experience.

When we arrived we was greeted by very friendly staff, we soon checked in and was up in our room unpacking for the nights away. The beds were comfy and spacious, the bathroom was fairly big and overall there was lots of room. Parking was good, with the ability to park outside the hotel for £5 a day, not great but you are in the middle of Canterbury. On that note, you are literally a 2 minute walk from the center of Canterbury, which is a must if you are visiting any of the local areas.

Overall it was a good trip, will be visiting again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Sorry for the boring title. I am not good at titles. The hotel is in a great situation for the centre of Canterbury - cross the road and you are inside the walls. Easy parking outside, but I was glad that I looked at Google Maps before getting there as you have to go through the backstreets.

Top secret - the best pub in Canterbury is up the same road away from the hotel. Local beers, and shockingly the beers were not bad (it is the south of England).

The staff were helpful. My reservation had not gone through. No, I didn't blame the hotel staff, it was probably me not clicking the last button. No matter, Though I couldn't book the room at the desk they lent me a phone to go to the national line to book. Strange.

It's a Travelodge. You know what the rooms are like.

The breakfast was dire. That is not a criticism of Travelodge, it is a criticism of most breakfasts in most hotels in the UK (I won't mention the impossibility of any form of decent breakfast in France - croissants?! Ugh!). Please, I really do think it is worthwhile getting decent English bacon (Danish is never good - I love Denmark, they do great things from Vikings to banning circumcision, but they are crap at bacon) and decent English sausage. Go to a butcher. If you have to charge another couple of quid to make it pay then do so. Every time I go to a British hotel I am embarrassed about what foreigners might (should) think. We do the best breakfast in the world, but in most hotels it is inedible. Aren't you ashamed to serve this to foreign people who ought to be given a good impression of Britain?

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jake1642
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This hotel was just steps away from the main attractions.Quiet, did not hear the traffic from the road. It was spotlessly clean and the staff were very polite and helpful. Easy parking in front for £5 a day. Comfortable bed, hot shower for a very good price. Have stayed in places costing twice as much and have got biscuits and toiletries thrown in. I prefer to pay less and provide my own snacks and shampoo!! Would have liked free wi-fi.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mumoftwo
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Received a phone call from Dawn while on train to Canterbury - was worried there might be a problem with my reservation. Couldn't call back (battery nearly dead!), so arrived at hotel and spoke to Dawn, who said there wasn't any problem. Room was clean (although a bit small, but didn't matter as I was only sleeping there!) & appreciated the quietness! On trying to access free wifi in the bar (Tuesday evening 08/04/2014), Brenda reset, so access available - so helpful as I was trying to check in online for my flight back up to Scotland. BA website was proving problematic, so decided to leave it till morning. At about 6.15 am (09/04/2014), I was still having problems, so Alex re-set wifi again, but BA website STILL wouldn't let me check in. Frustrating, to say the least! Alex offered the use of the hotel phone, because the charges would have been huge. Fortunately, I didn't require to take up her offer, but I was very grateful to her for a 'Plan B'.

This is the 5th time of staying at this hotel in last 16 months - never had any issues with anything. Friendly staff at all levels and SO helpful. Would recommend to anyone looking for common courtesy & helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business