“Good tasty homecooked food value for money and pleasant atmosphere.”
Review of Pitta and Dips Cafe - CLOSED

Pitta and Dips Cafe
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Romantic, Business, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Entertaining clients,Quick lunch
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Went to pita and dips with family for lunch had a great tasty meal good service,good value for money meal and pleasant atmosphere .well worth a vist .Thanks for a nice meal.

There are newer reviews for Pitta and Dips Cafe

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Just another tourist trap I'm afraid,Canterbury is notorious for these sort of restaurants, tough meat, overpriced dips £9 for some taramasalata and tzasiki, only two of us in the place, and the order was still wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awful, can only imagine these good reviews are from those that are either family or have never been to Greece!! never again.

2  Thank barnaby d
Reviewed September 1, 2013

It's was lovely summer evening in Canterbury, which put me in the mood for something light and fresh. I stumbled across Pittas and Dips and decided I fancied some Greek food. The Greek cafe restaurant looked great. The waitress was friendly and after a chat with her, my partner and I chose on the veggie mezes. The stuffed vine leaves and spinach and feta puffs were delicious. The numerous other dishes were so tasty and we enjoyed every dish. I think you could feed 3 people comfortably with the amount of food we had. Everything was freshly prepared and, as in Greece, came out a bit at a time and was a complete meal in its own right. I thoroughly enjoyed the food and the Greek wine was dry and crisp, just as I like it. At the end of our meal, Andrew came out of the kitchen and introduced himself. He made us feel very welcome. I felt it was great value for money and I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant.

2  Thank Lazybeach63
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I used Trip Advisor to find somewhere to eat before an evening at the Marlowe Theatre. Pitta’s and Dips, just a stones throw away, fitted the bill nicely and I was not disappointed. I think it is fair to say the majority of reviewers here are spot on. If you are, as one stated, a discerning diner looking for gourmet food in Canterbury then it’s probably not for you but then I was always under the impression that Greek food is good, honest country fare, rustic food, not an art form served on acres of bare white plate.

Let me tell you of my experience. This spotlessly clean restaurant is just like the small family run places you have probably visited on holiday, bags of blue and white paint combined with simple furnishings that bring the Aegean to Canterbury. The food is excellent and you get what you pay for; and here you get a lot. Personally I did not consider it too pricey, its around the same as the average Asian restaurant in the locale.

Following the advice of the very pleasant waitress I opted for the Vegetarian Meze, a rolled into one starters and main course that just seemed to keep coming. Everything was nicely cooked, tasty and filling, the pittas by the way are semi crisp, moist and gorgeous. The meal was capped off with a glass of ice cold Ouzo. A great feature of the food is its generosity and if the Meat Meze is your choice then allow some time, bring a few friends and relax. The wine list is interesting too with a good range of Greek wine that augments the taste of the food and spirits you back to that quayside table on a warm holiday evening.

The personable owner, Andrew, clearly has a passion for providing his guests with wholesome, home style Greek food. He told me he has only been open a few months but has been getting some good reviews all round. Frankly I’m not surprised. One final point, don’t be put off by the café style appearance; it is what it is, a great little Greek restaurant. Yamas!

2  Thank silvervoyager
Reviewed August 27, 2013

On a recent short visit to Canterbury I gave this place a try, and just had to go back the next day! Greek food at its freshest and best, in a pleasant, friendly atmosphere. The eponymous dips are delicious, and (be warned!) very moreish: I had taramasalata, houmous, and tadziki. Mains are very good, and there is an appropriate choice of wines, though I stuck with my favourite Retsina. Outstanding value for money, too. Next time I'm in Canterbury, I'll be back!
Ian, Croydon.