“Great place to eat”

Ashford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I took my 7 year old son here this afternoon and we both loved it. The welcome we received was lovely, so friendly you automatically feel at home. They treated my son as a customer and not just a child out with his mum which made him feel really special. There is a wide choice of food for both adults and children and not just something with chips for the kids. The portions are really good, the food tastes great and not too expensive. I really loved this restaurant, its very spacious, decorated beautifully and the toilets are immaculate (I always believe you can tell how good somewhere is by the condition of the toilets). We will definitely be going back again and again and again.

• Visited April 2014

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Canterbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Very tasty, good quality food enjoyed in the garden on a sunny afternoon :-). Service was very good. Definitely go again. Just a word of warning you have to be a very slim person to frequent the toilet! Smallest cubicles I've ever seen!!

Visited April 2014
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Quick friendly service”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were very impressed with the staff and the food here. Five of us had half an hour to find and eat a meal, due to a rehearsal break. Wildwood Canterbury said they could manage it and they did. The food was great and the service exemplary. We will return for a more leisurely meal in the very near future.

Camberley, United Kingdom
“Family's favourite EVER”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Since our son started Uni in Canterbury we have tried several eating places BUT Wildwood is now our only choice and definitely our favourite place to eat. Their selection of food is good and the quality is top. The restaurant itself is a gem and there is always a fantastic atmosphere ...also staff is adorable and smiles all the times!! Chef in the kitchen does his good share as the food is always presented in a lovely way and he tries to keep the customers happy... so if you ask for variations within reasons he will do it!
If you visit Canterbury it is a must to visit Wildwood...

London, United Kingdom
“Little Gem”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

In a city usually overrun with students and tourists, the pre Easter holiday is an ideal time to go to Canterbury. After a morning spent looking the sites and shopping, go and find Wildwood - you won't be disappointed. I was taken for an early Mother's Day meal by my son. We ate rather late - that strange time after lunch and before dinner. There were a few couples, but the place wasn't busy. It's clean, 'olde worlde' for the tourists and bigger than I expected. We were settled immediately and the waiter gave us menus and explained the meal deals on offer (check these out 15% off for students - 25% for students with selected meal deals on production of a valid student card). I had the calamari with chili mayo - absolutely delicious and the chili wasn't too hot. Calamari was deep fried and not greasy, lovely light breadcrumb coating. Dave had the meatballs as a starter - they were wonderful. Small enough not to overwhelm, and beautifully prepared. The waiter suggested some bread with them to mop up the sauce, and it was a wise idea. The sauce was lovely! Very tasty.I'd recommend both starters. For a main I ordered a seafood risotto - it was packed with tasty fish and in a lovely cream sauce. Not too heavy. Dave ordered the hoisin duck pizza. He has tried this before and chose again because it was so good first time round. I also tried the raspberry lemonade - I'd recommend it every time. The service was efficient and we were asked a couple of times if everything was ok. Note people - the portions in Wildwood are sizeable - doggy bags provided. We didn't have dessert - they are in the main chocolate based and looked rich, and we were full up. The bill, even without student discount, was a pleasant surprise - about £30 for both of us, everything included. I have no hesitation in recommending Wildwood should you ever find yourselves in Canterbury city centre.