“If only we lived closer!!”

Wildwood Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 377 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Wow!
After walking up and down the high street twice looking for somewhere to eat-we decided to eat at Wildwood.
What a great decision!
Brilliant food, great service and a wonderfully happy, charming and relaxed atmosphere!!
Next time we're in Canterbury, we'll be sure to make a stop.
Keep up the great work!
Thanks :)

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We had lunch at Wildwood today, it was our first visit, it will not be our last. We could not find any fault with our expreience.The welcome was warm, the service marvellous and the food just gorgeous.Added to that is the good value price wise and the lovely modern decor, all in all a very good meal.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My son has been keen to try Wildwood since it opened - we used to go to Little Italy (which used to occupy the building). My husband was in a beer mood, and we ended up in La Trappiste first of all, and were getting comfy in there. But my son was keen to eat at Wildwood so we made our way over there with my husband looking slightly reluctant.

The reluctance didn't last long. The guys were ravenous and ordered the mixed grill - masses of chargrilled meat and the best chips we've had in a long time (have the mayo and ketchup - it comes in a ramekin and you can dip the chips in). I had the spaghetti and meatballs - really nice. If I order pasta I normally get bored halfway through and don't finish it, but I finished this - really deep tomato sauce.

We shared a sundae for dessert - a sort of black forest gateau in a glass. Very nice indeed. The house wine was good and my husband had a Peroni, which was a bit on the pricey side. He said if only we could have had La Trappiste beer with this food he would have been well, well happy.

This is a definite cut above the other chain restaurants in town - you won't get vouchers and discounts but you will get much better food.

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited on Valentine's day and had never eaten here before so it was a little risky. Very lovely restaurant, atmosphere perfect. Relaxed but not in a way that compromises the service. Food good, portions massive so very good value for money. Lovely orange juice, which is a success in itself because I am very fussy. I changed and substituted a lot of my meal but this was no problem for our fab waitress, Ewelina. So kind and friendly. Can't be nice to work on Valentine's day but she really made the night special. Promote her! Overall I would definitely recommend. Good food, top service and £37 for two on Valentine's day: can't complain!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My 20-yo daughter is doing a degree at Canterbury, and we took her for a meal at Wildwood on Saturday.

The restaurant was busy, but we were lucky enough to get a 3-4 person table without queuing.

It's a nice atmosphere - good decor, service friendly and attentive without being excessive.

We had different types of food. I had a smoked haddock risotto. Restaurants often don't cook risotto well; but this was excellent. My wife had a vegetarian option - pasta rigatoni with courgette and spinach; and my daughter had chicken milanese. The food was all very good.

We'll be visiting Canterbury again - daughter's finals will be summer 2014 - and we'll definitely visit again.

We only had one starter (Focaccia bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar) between us, and didn't have much to drink - the bill came to 49:20 before tip.