“Treehouse hideaway.....treemendous”
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Bathroom sink
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

The_Cavia...
Tunbridge Wells
“Treehouse hideaway.....treemendous”
Reviewed November 7, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Stumbled on this when looking for an anniversary present for my wife.

Arrived in the dark, later than we'd wanted, after sorting out various things for aged in-laws and then dealing with troublesome teenagers. Any irritations immediately disappeared the minute we arrived.

The under floor heating, the mini hamper, the Proseco and milk in the fridge.... and the design. Truly unique. The log burner is very welcome on a November evening, particularly after running up from the hot tub.

What a host Chris is. If you need help with anything just give him a call and he responds immediately. He's currently working on converting a container. We'll definitely be back to try that out.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
emily_per...
Kent, United Kingdom
“Miss”
Reviewed October 7, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We had a lovely few days stay here. On arrival was a lovely hamper and a bottle of bubbly. Very cosy and relaxing time, especially with the log burner. Definately will come back for another visit, and will be recommending to friends and family. Well equipped, and perfect for the two of us. Thanks to great hosts.

lexidev
Kent, England
“Loved our perfect stay at the Treehouse”
Reviewed October 7, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

When I was looking for the perfect place to surprise my husband with for his 30h Birthday I knew I had to get something quirky and different. This place was perfect and even better in real life than in the photos, everyone I told was really jealous and couldn't wait to hear what it was like.
You feel away from everyone else when you are up there surrounded by the tree branches and the wildlife park next door. Its a lot bigger than I thought and every little corner of the treehosue has been made with care and attention to detail. It was unbelievably cosy and I would say its probably better to stay there as its getting colder so you can cosy up on the sofas, with the projector on and feeling so snug. We got a lovely welcome hamper on arrival with lots of gorgeous local Kent products and we got some lovely little toiletries too. The first night we went to the Royal Oak which is only a few minutes walk away and we found the food to be really yummy and the staff were really nice and helpful too. A proper little local country pub.
I could not recommend this place highly enough if you are looking for a special place to spent a weekend or even longer, we could've easily stayed a whole week :-)

Rebecca M
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing little hideaway”
Reviewed September 15, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

My partner and I stayed here for our 7 year anniversary and I have to say it was absolutely amazing. You couldn't find a better weekend getaway. Everything was absolutely perfect and we're already thinking about booking another visit in the future. Highly recommended!

Jester10u...
London
“Wow....”
Reviewed September 12, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

Absolutely amazing.... You will not be disappointed....very relaxing.......nice location with Whitstable only a few minutes drive....local seafood is to die for..... Will defiantly be returning....

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Emma1979
Burton on Trent, England
“Didn't meet the high expectations of £200 a night to stay!”
Reviewed September 11, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

My partner bought me a trip to the tree house for my 37th birthday as he knew I would love to stay in something so different, and I really did! It was great to be up in the trees in the beautiful house! But…..and I am sorry to say this and ruin any expectations ….the tree house isn’t actually in a real tree! Call my naïve but I was expecting it to be built on a base of trees but when you get close all the “stumps” the tree house is built on are actually fake! Good fakes but fakes, so I was actually a bit disappointed by that. Secondly, it doesn’t give away that you are actually very close to the A290, the main road from the A2 into Canterbury. This is a busy road and we could hear the traffic going by. It didn’t bother us going to sleep but again, it just wasn’t the rural retreat we were expecting when we sat outside on the balcony. You get a lovely welcome basket when you arrive, but the chocolates and fudge in ours had all melted into a bit of a mess. We couldn’t understand why until we walked past the shed outside and saw that they were storing the welcome baskets on the window ledge, in the morning sun. We enjoyed the food in the basket, but it was a just ruined slightly by not storing it out of the sun (a simple one to fix!). It isn’t a cheap place to stay so I was really disappointed to find the kettle full of lime scale. We live in a hard water area so I have to descale the kettle frequently but this was thick on the kettle walls and we didn’t realise until we had lime scale floating in our first cup of tea – not what you would expect at this standard of accommodation! There was no storage area in the bathroom for your toiletries, so a little shelf between the mirror and shower or on the wall between the kitchen or in the shower would be appreciated. It also seems wrong that at £200 a night we had to strip our own bed so there is time to do a clean between the 10am departure and next arrival at 4pm. I don’t want to sound like this is beneath me, as it isn’t and I do it at home, but it takes a couple of minutes and hotel charging £200 a night wouldn’t ask me to do that. Finally, there is a nice balcony area to sit on (and someone else commented on this in the visitor book) but the table and chair out there needs to be cleaned, sanded down and varnished/painted as it looks dirty and tired (we sat on the beach towels to make sure we didn’t get anything on our clothes). It all sounds very negative, and it wasn’t as we enjoyed our stay. The bed was too soft for us, but that is personal preference. My partner, who doesn't do the cleaning at home, felt the place was dusty and it just felt like the place needed a refresh to take it back to the high standard for the price. I just think at £200 a night you have expectations to be met, and in this case, sadly they weren’t. If it was a £150 a night it would have been a 4.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Hmwmjb
“Fabulous, quirky, perfect romantic break”
Reviewed August 31, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We had a wonderful 2 night stay at the treehouse. Hot tub was great. Treehouse was lovely and clean. We will be back!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing