All reviews pool and sauna rose garden city centre lovely hotel car park recommend this hotel minute walk busy road four poster lovely breakfast good size lady on reception main road family room a lovely stay booked this hotel biscuits
Selected filters
Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

Certainly not 5 star, but, easy to get to, very clean, the staff couldn't have been friendlier, clean rooms, lovely breakfast, close to the Cathedral. Not sure what else one could want. Stay again, absolutely.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2019

Very pleasing indeed. Staff excellent. Don't give any thought to the lack of stars: this is a top hotel. Good generous-spaced free parking. Complementary full breakfast served with attentive smiling quick style. Good food (great sausages and croissants particularly). Shiny clean decor. I asked recep for a reading light and they promptly offered me a choice of plug-in lamps. Biscuits not replenished on day 3 - quickly put right. The swimming pool closed for maintenance was a not a key to my choice anyway. A good experience all round.

Room tip: loved the room with glass cupola in roof
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

Came here with the wife and the pool was closed . To be fair it was the main reason we chose this hotel as I had meetings the next morning and she had planned to flop around the pool .
It is close to most things in town . The room was acceptable but a bit old fashioned but I suppose that is what I booked.
The breakfast was acceptable too nothing special . I think if the pool was working it’s fine for business trips and it is very clean

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night as were visiting friends who were local. The hotel was good positioned close to town.

Upon arrival we found a very small car park, wr were lucky enough to get a space but I can imagine if it were busy there would not be enough for all guests.

We used the door bell multiple times with no answer so we called the hotel from the outside on our phones to ask them to open! They said we could have used the side door but there was no sign saying this and similarly we had no key yet so wouldn’t have been able to get in!

We were given lots of small pieces of paper (cut into cm sized) with the WiFi passwords etc and shown to our room. It was a nice room with good furnishings even if a little dated. Bathroom was nice. Had everything we needed.

Breakfast was included in our stay. There was no cooked buffet as you order when seated. The full English was very small, I counted 5 mushrooms. The toast was very thin, probably the cheapest you can buy in the shop. The lady served 2 coffees for us, but only had enough after filling 1.5 cups. She seemed annoyed by the fact that we asked for the cup to be filled as it meant she had to make more.

The restaurant area needs some updating. Our table was kept level with a wedge of folded toilet paper and our bench had a see saw effect as that also had different leg lengths (DIY job I think)

When checking out there was a que of 3/4 with no service, people gave up waiting and put their keys over the desk and left. I think the receptionist was also in charge of breakfast.

Probably wouldn’t stay again for these reasons, would rather a premier inn or something, more for your money.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2019

When we checked in, and we were very dissapointed to learn that the pool and the sauna were closed. I think that it would have been nice if we had been e mailed or phoned in advance to let us know. Never the less we had three excellent nights there, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff are all very pleasant especially the lady from Luthiania. Breakfast choice is very good, but I have had many a better cooked breakfast. When we checked out there was no mention of "hope you had a nice stay, was everything ok, or sorry about the pool being closed". Location wise it is ideal for all the city sights.

Date of stay: February 2019