“Expensive!”

Add it.
The Cuban
Ranked #58 of 68 Nightlife in Canterbury
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've only gone in the evenings and although the music and ambience is good the drinks are far too expensive.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We went here for an after dinner drink, It was quite, but understandable as it was a Tuesday. The cocktails were very nice.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Issues with the booking from start to finish. Manager very rude and tried to get his way by being patronising, which he failed. Once he seemed to realise this wasn't going to work, he said he would 'waive' the policy - the policy that was ridiculous and never even mentioned to us at any point of the booking apart from when we went to pay . We were told we were going to be charged for 'entertainment' which consisted of a woman singing three floors below us on the loud speaker.
The food was better than it used to be and the rest of the staff were pleasant - shame the manager ruined it. Needless to say we left straight after the meal and went to another establishment, the manager doesn't seem to realise his attitude and 'customer service' drives away the customers he wants, and attracts the type of customers who will need these numerous 'policies'.

3  Thank touristlocal
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was my first time out in Canterburry in little over three so was looking forward to returning to some old haunts.

We arrived at the Cuban at about midnight and waited at the bar for About 25 minutes to get served. We ordered four zombies which didn't look or taste how they should of done and then proceeded to the dance floor they also tasted underproof.

A while later we were back at the bar ordering another round when one of the group span round and knocked my glass out of my hand accidentally. A rude and rather obnoxious bar backer proceeded to clean up the glass while scowling at us. About 5 minutes later a group pushed one of us and again a glass came out of another of our hands. A bouncer then ushered me over and escorted me out 'for throwing pint glasses;' I hadn't thrown anything nor been near a pint glass since the start of the night

In fairness to the door team they let me back in (again escorted) to tell the group I'd been asked to leave. I always thought my first time being kicked out of a bar would be for something more dramatic and less fictitious.

What really was the straw that broke the camals back however was this afternoon one of my friends was contacted by the bar and demanded he hand them my details so I could be billed for these 'pint glasses.' Being a bar supervisor myself the thought of billing someone for a dropped glass is mental. Things do get smashed in this industry. We're both wondering how they got his mobile number when he hadn't given it out.

Won't be returning that is for sure

9  Thank Nick H
Reviewed July 13, 2013

It's very expensive, and the drinks arent worth the price. Bar staff are hit and miss, sometimes lovely, sometimes insanely rude. the music is pretty good but i wouldnt recommend it in the slightest

1  Thank rohatch