“Fantastic coffee & chilled out atmosphere”

Water Lane Coffeehouse
Ranked #11 of 35 Coffee & Tea in Canterbury
Cuisines: Cafe, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Kent
“Fantastic coffee & chilled out atmosphere”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Can't believe that we have not found this fantastic place sooner. My partner and I went for a Saturday afternoon coffee yesterday and had a wonderful time. The place is so chilled out and very welcoming as soon as you walk though the door, its nice that there are bits of canterbury's history in the decor and locally produced cakes. The coffee is amazing and 1 soon led to 2, we could have quite happily stayed all afternoon. We hope to be regulars in this wonderful coffee shop.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank JanineTaylor37

“Outstanding Cafe”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a truly wonderful cafe if you like understated comfy places in back streets. It's gradually getting popular so pick your time. I was never a coffee shop person but many is the day in the last year that I have popped in here and stayed all day. Very good cakes but no sandwiches or other food. Excellent Mao Feng Green Tea. Great, cool service.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Donsafe
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Best coffee shop in Canterbury”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Cannot rate Browns coffee house enough - excellent coffee, lovely pasties, great atmosphere ... and they are so baby friendly (good baby changing and pram friendly ... the staff even helped me in with the buggy!) Browns is my fave hang out in Canterbury!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank HelenEMaher
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A cracking little coffeehouse..”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Great location and fantastic feel to this independent coffeehouse - they do the best latte/flat white in town. Exotic filter coffee as well, cannot recommend highly enough!

1 Thank Npjm1
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Best Coffee in Canterbury”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff and the best coffee I've had in ages. I've lived in Canterbury for a while and this has become my firm favourite; there's no where else I'd rather go for a coffee on the weekend.

The only thing I'd change would be to extend the opening hours during the week, so I could have a cup on my home from work!

• Visited September 2012