My husband and I travelled from Glasgow to Canterbury to attend a funeral.
On arriving at Greyfriars Lodge, our first challenge was to have someone open the door to us. In short:-
• They want payment up front. Don't do this. Pay at the end (if you stay)
• There is no Reception or lounge area.... just a girl at a breakfast table with a laptop
• There is no one on the premises after 7pm. If you have a problem, you're given a phone number to call
• We were shown our ground floor room. It's the worst hotel room I've ever seen.... dark, dank, unclean, spartan with appalling bed linen (SEE PHOTOS)
• We checked out and managed to find a lovely room in the Abode Hotel, just across the road. It cost just £10 a night more than Greyfriars.
I'm attaching a photo of the Abode just to show the difference
Please learn from our experience. Until Greyfriars has been totally refubished, don't even think of going.More
- Free Wifi
- Free parking
- Visit hotel website