1,469 results
All reviews city centre bridal suite lovely hotel building site restaurant staff third floor ten minute walk jacuzzi bath good size quiet location buffet breakfast reception staff visiting canterbury biscuits within easy walking distance single room very pleasant stay
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2019

I stayed in room 4 there where only 4 problems with the room the 1st problem is that the clock on the tv was the wrong time by 5 minutes. the 2nd problem was the evening meal on the Friday night everybody had to wait at least 15 minutes to get served and then some of our group got our starters and some of us did not get them until the others had finished there starters. the 3rd problem was that there was no bathroom fan to get rid of the steam from the bath and shower. apart from those problems everything else was great. the fourth problem was there is no hotel sign on the road side to say t it the abbots barton hotel so alot of people trying to find it pass the hotel.

Room tip: the quieter room is room 4
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2019

Just had a really delicious meal at the Best Western Abbots Barton hotel. I recommend the haddock rare bit to start and the succulent lamb and dauphinoise potatoes! Superb dish! Lovely treacle sponge pudding too. All locally sourced, fresh ingredients. As well as the lovely food, we had fantastic service and a great chat with Peter who was front of house this evening. What a lovely and interesting chap! A great evening

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
abbotsgm, Manager at Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed dinner with us.

We do indeed source the majority of our ingredients locally and ethically and I am pleased our new menu was well received,

Thank you also for mentioning Peter, your kind comments have been passed onto him.

We hope tow welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2019

Took my Mum to Afternoon Tea as a little treat for my Mother’s birthday.

Very welcoming atmosphere from the moment you step through the doors - Gary on reception was fantastic!

Food - both in quality and quantity was excellent and very good value for money considering. Only suggestion, is bump the price up a tad and add a few more fancy sandwich fillings (smoked salmon, prawns, beef etc).

The best part of the experience was Flori, the Manager on duty, who looked after us so well and really made it a memorable occasion. Lovely little touch of a small box of chocolates on the table as a birthday gesture for my Mum.

Purely exceptional food and service - highly recommend to anyone looking to book Afternoon Tea here!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
abbotsgm, Manager at Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2019

I am pleased to read you and your mum enjoyed afternoon tea with us for her birthday.

I will pass your comments onto the head chef regarding the sandwich fillings to look into when we next review our afternoon tea menu.

Thank you for giving both Gary and Flori a mention, your kind comments have been passed onto them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

Only my second stay in a Best Western Hotel
For our 5th Wedding Anniversary, my stepson booked The Abbotts Barton Hotel. We had a horrendous journey from Suffolk due to the closure of the Dartford crossing. We had booked an afternoon tea for the early evening but had to cancel due to the delay getting to the hotel! The reception staff were so understanding and we managed to rebook for Saturday.
We both loved the size of the room, which gave enough space around the bed, it also had a small table and 2 chairs and a walk-in wardrobe!!
Loved the atmosphere and decor. The bar and lounge had some nice furniture. I thought either Poirot or Miss Marple would come through the doors?
The staff were excellent, nothing was too much for them. We often had the choice of eating in the bar or lounge which we did once or twice.
The hotel is 15-20mins walk from the Cathedral and not too difficult.
The food was very good especially the scones and fresh rolls, they were simply the best they melted in your mouth.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us after the travel issues you encountered.

Also pleased you enjoyed the atmosphere of our bar and lounge areas, it is certainly very atmospheric in those areas.

Thank you also for mentioning my team, and pleased they all look after you well.

We do hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2019

Our room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable and the all white, tiled bathroom well presented. WiFi worked well. The large, rambling hotel has an interesting history and is very close to the city centre. A great place to stay for one night or a longer break.

Date of stay: May 2019
abbotsgm, Manager at Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read you found your room clean and quiet and you found our beds comfortable.

We do have an interesting history from being an ex-mayor's residence to becoming a hospital during 1st world war, before converting to a hotel in the 1920's.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards