1,458 results
All reviews city centre bridal suite lovely hotel building site restaurant staff third floor ten minute walk jacuzzi bath reception staff quiet location buffet breakfast visiting canterbury biscuits within easy walking distance single room very pleasant stay stayed for one night
Selected filters
Reviewed May 4, 2019

This was second visit for a family party. A warm welcome at reception and a well appointed room, large with charm and good appointments. The hotel retains much old world charm and this offers the ability for people in a large group to sit in different places and then move round. The food provided was very good. Staff are always friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Most rooms appear to be well soundproofed.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
abbotsgm, Manager at Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your second stay with us.

We are lucky to have lots of lounge areas for guests to enjoy.

I am also pleased you enjoyed our food offerings and found all my team friendly and helpful, thank you for giving both a mention.

we hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

We were a group of around 40, with breakfast included & a 3 course evening meal. The waiters were excellent and the food menu was adventurous, beautifully cooked and presented. Would definitely visit here again. The only gripe was the beer on tap wasn't fantastic and it would have been great to have had a cider on tap too. Big thanks to all the staff who were very friendly and helpful

Trip type: Traveled with friends
abbotsgm, Manager at Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2019

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do not have Cider on tap but do stock a range of bottled including some locally sourced.

I have passed your thanks onto the team, I am pleased you found them all friendly and helpful, thank you for giving them a mention.

Also pleased you enjoyed our food offerings both at breakfast and dinner.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

We stayed for three nights as part of a group of cyclists. Rooms were clean and comfortable, although like previous reviewers we could hear the people above us walking around their room (it didn't bother us). Staff were friendly and helpful. The food was excellent and they managed to serve a large group efficiently at dinner. Breakfast was very good.
Couple of points which would have improved it, some power points next to the bed for recharging phones (which double as my alarm clock) would have been nice and I thought the bar prices were a little high. Could also do with some permanent rails for locking bikes to.
Information in the room says they are building a spa which accounts for the building site at the back.
It is short walk into Canterbury so the location was great for those not cycling. Would stay again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and found our room clean and comfortable.

The point you raise about the plug sockets is in hand as part of our refurbishment plans along with additional sound proofing,

Also pleased you enjoyed breakfast and dinner and you found my team friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2019

The hotel is really well located within 15 minutes walk to the center and the cathedral so here it is perfect.
The staff are friendly, if some a touch more efficient than others, rooms are reasonable sized and comfortable, clean and peaceful despite being on a main road.

But, it lets itself down on tiny details: for example the car park has limited capacity. So why do I see staff parking in it, when they have a patch of grass out front rather than sending customers there?
Why Hoover the carpet outside of the entrance to the restaurant at peak times on Sunday morning when our breakfast is disturbed? (and on Easter Sunday)...!
If you want something apparently simple like tea and scones - only possible if you book at least 48 hours I advance. Not possible to have a spur of the moment decision in this hotel.
They order limited quantities of some foods ( which I do understand) - but just 3 steaks?
No iron and ironing board to freshen up creased clothes - even simple Holiday Inn give you these...
.......

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased our location was good for your needs whilst visiting Canterbury and you found our rooms a reasonable size and comfortable.

We are currently operating with a reduced car park due to the extension works we are currently having completed, during this time we have set up a temporary over flow car park so that we are still able to provide car parking to as many guests as we can.

Afternoon tea is available, but like most hotels has to be pre-booked, this is so we are aware of the amount of people on each day and can manage times effectively and guarantee food availability.

Iron and Ironing boards are available on request, unfortunately we only stock a certain amount, so my apologies they were all out when you requested one.

Reviewed April 15, 2019

great value for the money went at short notice for dinner out in Canterbury with my son. I checked in with no problem two staff on duty very friendly. later I had a drink in the bar that to was a good move yet again friendly staff. I would recommend this hotel 100% its also just a short easy walk to city centre

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Traveler38568444578
abbotsgm, Manager at Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2019

Thank you for your review.

Delighted to read you enjoyed dinner with us and that my team looked after you.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.