1,469 results
All reviews city centre bridal suite lovely hotel building site restaurant staff third floor ten minute walk jacuzzi bath good size quiet location buffet breakfast reception staff visiting canterbury biscuits within easy walking distance single room very pleasant stay
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here as a sole traveler. I ate in the restaurant every night and had a brilliant sandwich for my lunch on arrival. Room clean place has parking and it is not far to walk into to town. Canterbury is flat!
Chef is good my minute steak juicy and the chips superb. breakfast fab...what's not to like. Very reasonable charge

Date of stay: April 2019
abbotsgm, Manager at Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found your room clean.

I am also pleased you enjoyed both breakfast and dinner with us, I have passed your comments about the minute steak onto the chef.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed April 10, 2019

Hotel is in an excellent location. We walked into the town centre and friends who were with us walked to the cathedral. A few of our friends are over 80 and managed the walk both ways. Another day we drove to the coast and visited Ramsgate, Broadstairs, Margate and Westgate where we had a excellent lunch at The Swan, Westgate overlooking the sea. The coast was about half an hour’s drive from the hotel.. our very comfortable hotel room was on the 3rd floor. Meals on each day of our visit were excellent, served very efficiently by excellent staff.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
abbotsgm, Manager at Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2019

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location was perfect for your needs whilst visiting Kent.

I am also pleased you enjoyed our food offerings and that my team served you efficiently.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed April 10, 2019

The Abbots Barton Hotel is well appointed both inside and out. It's located in a relaxing setting, a short walk from the city centre with ample free parking. The Hotel is extremely clean and comfortable. The restaurant is excellent. Breakfast is superb, quality & service are maintained even at peak times.
The staff are helpful, friendly & professional.
A special mention needs to be made of Jude in reception for providing excellent customer service, also Joseph and Peter, the reception manager..

In the restaurant, Patrick provided excellent service and Flori, the restaurant breakfast manager is always a delight to deal with.

A great place to stay.
If you choose this hotel you won't be disappointed!

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

All your comments have been passed onto the team, especially the ones named, thank you for giving them a mention.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2019

Treated the wife to afternoon tea here and from the moment we arrived we were well treated and the service for our food was awesome even the waiter leaving us alone to enjoy our food but also asking if we needed more drinks,
The setting of the hotel is lovely and well orf the main road,

Room tip: lovely food with great service
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed afternoon tea with us and that my team looked after you well.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

Afternoon Tea treat with my son and two of our friends.
We were greeted on arrival and shown to the dining area, a lovely lady took our orders for drinks and as we had already booked our afternoon tea was served with our drinks. We had a lovely assortment of sandwiches, delicious homemade scones and several small cake slices. All were fresh. Thick clotted cream and Jam in bowls to accompany the scones.
The lady asked us midway through if we required any more to drink. The servings were generous. Staff attentive and polite. My son is vegetarian and the chef made him an extra plate of Houmous/Spinach and Cheese/pickle.
Would definitely recommend and would book again.
Our reservation was made through Groupon.
Thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed afternoon tea with us and that you enjoyed what we offer.

I am also pleased my team looked after you well whilst with us, thank you for giving them a mention.

We look forward to seeing you again.