1,474 results
All reviews city centre bridal suite lovely hotel building site restaurant staff third floor ten minute walk jacuzzi bath good size quiet location buffet breakfast reception staff visiting canterbury biscuits within easy walking distance single room very pleasant stay
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2019 via mobile

We done a last minute booking and got great deal including breakfast. We arrived early parked in large spacious car park, hotel was more than happy park there and enjoy sites of Canterbury. Check was made so easy staff were super efficient, we had room on third floor easy access with lift . The room was huge and the bed so big I could lay across it , bathroom really big with jacuzzi bath and shower there was All very clean and well laided out plenty storage space. The bar area was lovely lots nooks and crannies to sit in nice and cosy, one bad bit for me the lager was not cold enough but that's my preference, the bar man was also our breakfast waiter nothing was to much trouble for him ,he was great. I would definitely recommend staying there

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
abbotsgm, Manager at Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2019

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay wiht us and that your room was to your liking.

I have passed your comments about the lager temperature to my food and beverage manager to investigate, thank you for letting us know.

Thank you also for mentioning my team and pleased they looked after you well.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 3, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for one night,lovely hotel plenty of parking.The staff are very helpful,had an evening meal in the restaurant which was delicious and well cooked,the staff were very
efficient and a big shout out to Peter the bar/restaurant manager who was very attentive and friendly and very expert at his job.Will definitely go back and recommend this hotel if visiting Canterbury .

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and dinner with us.

Also pleased you found all my team very helpful, especially Peter, you kind comments have been passed over to him, thank you for mentioning him in particular.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed December 29, 2018

A convenient hotel a short walk from the centre of Cantebury. The hotel receptionist was quick with the check in. I found our room was dated but clean. the bathroom was ok but hair was found on the toilet seat. The staff were polite and helpful. The bar area was also dated. Probably would stay again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
abbotsgm, Manager at Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2019

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased our location was convenient for your needs whilst visiting Canterbury.

I have passed on your comments to my head housekeeper about the bathroom cleanliness so that she can address with her team, my apologies for this being missed.

We are a classic style hotel, and our decor is in keeping with the Gothic Victorian mansion in which it sits, I do however appreciate this may not be to everyone's taste.

Thank you for mentioning my team, and I am pleased you found them all polite and helpful.

Reviewed December 19, 2018

We were here for a Christmas party so only stayed one night. The staff were all very friendly, accommodating and helpful. The food was really good and all of our party enjoyed themselves. The hotel itself has a lot of character and the lounge area by the bar was lovely to relax in.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
abbotsgm, Manager at Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2018

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read you had a good time at one of our Christmas party nights along with everyone else in your group.

I am also pleased you found all my team friendly and helpful, thank you for giving them a mention.

We hope to see you again next year,

Reviewed December 18, 2018

Just back from another nights stay here and this time we requested a room not overlooking the building works and were given a fabulous room. Staff very friendly, room ready even though arrived early. Breakfast was excellent. A brilliant place to stay when visiting Canterbury.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that the room was to your liking. We will always do our best to meet all our guests requests, and pleased we were able to on this occasion.

Also delighted you enjoyed our breakfast offerings and found my team to be friendly, thank you for giving both a mention.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kind Regards