“go to London theatres cheaper”

The Marlowe Theatre
Ranked #4 of 108 things to do in Canterbury
Canterbury, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“go to London theatres cheaper”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

To expensive new. moderm amd soleless amdexpemsive been to London theatres cheaper nicer atmosphere and better seats for half the prices

Visited May 2013
3 Thank jane d

• Turkish first
Canterbury, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“What a lovely building and well organised too”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have visited the Marlowe twice recently and have enjoyed the visits immensely. Although the bar and foyer areas are busy before a production this is to be expected. I liked the toilets being availalbe on the grounds floor and so close to the theatre doors too. We popped over the road for a quick drink in the internal and this worked well too. Great evening out with staff that were friendly and efficient.

Canterbury
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Why did the old one go ?”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This theatre looks great from the outside but that really is about it. Lacks any atmosphere and must be some of the most uncomfortable seats in theatre land. Why oh why did they pull the old one down ? Total waste of money !

4 Thank Paul R
Westgate on Sea
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Suggs was brilliant”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I am a regular to the Marlowe and I love the venue. I consider us lucky to have a theatre that attracts a good mix of theatre music and tonight was a highlight for me - Suggs - My life story in words and music - OK I admit I am a fan of Madness but it really was a memorable night - funny poignant and very entertaining - well done Suggs and Well done Marlowe theatre

Ramsgate, United Kingdom
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“No leg room”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went to see Dirty Dancing and thought the show was enjoyable. However, I paid £75 each to get good seats in row A (circle) and whilst the view was superb the leg room was less than easy jet. Okay I am over 6 ft but my knees were crushed against the barrier in front of the seats, my wife is a great deal shorter and even she struggled for leg room. When I paid for these seats no mention was made of the restricted leg room and in my view it should be. My enjoyment of the show was spoilt by the cramped seating and not what I expect for £75 each.

3 Thank rovingsteve