“No leg room”

84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“No leg room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went to see Dirty Dancing and thought the show was enjoyable. However, I paid £75 each to get good seats in row A (circle) and whilst the view was superb the leg room was less than easy jet. Okay I am over 6 ft but my knees were crushed against the barrier in front of the seats, my wife is a great deal shorter and even she struggled for leg room. When I paid for these seats no mention was made of the restricted leg room and in my view it should be. My enjoyment of the show was spoilt by the cramped seating and not what I expect for £75 each.

3 Thank rovingsteve

• Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ok for small legged people.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went to see dirty dancing, which was my first visit to the new Marlowe theatre.
Was disappointed in the venue we sat on seats sa 7 and 8. We had no leg room infact my knees were touching the wooden wall in front of me, The seats were uncomfortable.
We was told that it was partial viewing and found we could only see half the stage so missed out on some of the funny bits. Could not believe there was only one set of stairs down so takes a while to get out so hope there's good fire exits about in case of fire. Staff were nice and friendly. And very clean.

2 Thank Roadrunner479
Kent
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“"Not funny"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Went to see the comedy and caberet show last Sat night with friends. It was very poor we thought. It started at 8.15pm and by 9pm we had already seen two "comedians" and probally laughed once! We then had a break and some overpriced drinks. The third guy was abit better. We then asked to evacate the building for a fire alarm planned drill at 10pm and that was the end of our evening. NO information given , just leave and put up that your evening was cut short. Not that we think we missed any funny jokes!! Def not worth the effort, better off going to a proper comedy club an d would be cheaper also.

1 Thank marce13
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Panto brilliance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

This venue has everything, and it's cheap in comparison to the west end. Nice friendly staff with professional approach to things

Visited December 2012
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“A wonderful show in a hideous building”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife, step-daughter and myself went to see Dirty Dancing. We had seen it before in London, and I have to say that I thought the production at the Marlowe was better - and less edited. The acting was superb, the band was VERY professional, and everything was as it should have been. Fantastic! Only one thing - why does this building have to be so bloody ugly? it's (to slightly mis-quote HRH Prince Charles) like a carbuncle on the face of the city. A horrid slab of modernity in a very traditional and beautiful city. Still, it's the productions that count, and I have never seen a bad one there.