“Best lunch!”
Review of City Fish Bar

City Fish Bar
Ranked #83 of 382 Restaurants in Canterbury
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Amazing! Whenever we shop here we always go to this chippy and then City Crepes for dessert. Lovely food and the chips are always really chunky and covered in salt and vinegar. Really can't complain. Pay them a visit soon!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The profit margin here must be massive!! It is only fried potatoes at the end of the day!! Come on!! Stick some more chips in the bag and give better value for money at £1.50 for a tiny portion!!! The aimless neck bobbing pigeons look fruitlessly for any spare chips dropped, but you're out of luck boys!! Theres not enough to go round in the first place!!

2  Thank Ali M
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have dined here on 2 ocassions I am not a huge fan of fish & chips but I must say every time I have dined here the fish + chips I have always found to be delicious the chips are a great quality crispy but no too greasy. Also I would reccomend anyone who visits there to try out there battered mushrooms they are so tasty. The prices are very fair the only draw back price wise for me was that you are expected to pay 20p for a very small sachet of ketchup or mayonnaise.

The only thing that sunk my ship was when after waiting nearly 10 minutes for a seat with a tale to come free outside of the shop we finally took our seat and began to tuck in when one of the men who worked there came outside and demanded that we moved from the seat to the bench near the window so two of his friends could sit down never mind the fact we had just spent nearly £15 pounds inside.!

2  Thank chloe186314
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Best fish and chips anywhere .  A bit expensive but definitely worth it. Every time I walk past this place the smell is amazing and it is always very hard to resist not buying their delicious cod and chips which are always fresh and very hot. Just as I like it.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

£6.80 for a tiny piece of fish, insipid chips and vinegary catering ketchup - shameful for such a classy city. It's cash only so be warned.

1  Thank DennyCrane58