“Poor birthday”

The Foundry Brew Pub
Ranked #32 of 369 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Poor birthday”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Avarage food.slow service.over priced pub grub.dirty tables and floors.and a shock at how much the service charge was..

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank jamieoliva

“great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We found this wonderful place by mistake. We were looking for somewhere to eat and stumbled across this great pub. My son and husband had the rack of ribs it was so big it was difficult to eat and very messy. They said they were well worth the mess. We will be back next time we visit our son and his girlfriend.

• Visited July 2013
Wickham Bishops, United Kingdom
“I am glad I discovered this place!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was visiting Canterbury for a week to sing the services in the Cathedral. I am a great believer in 'thirsting after Righteousness' and it is always a matter of finding the right establishment. The Foundry certainly did this at lunchtimes anyway!

With 7 handpumps one was spoilt for choice and all the beers I had were excellent. I managed to visit the Foundry 6 days out of 7 and always had a most enjoyable experience. On one day I made the mistake of ordering a sandwich. The only thing wrong with it was that it was so huge!! I then discovered the Light Bites section of the Menu which contained items much more suitable for a lunchtime snack. Sadly The Foundry was not serving food in the evenings although I was led to believe this may be changing.

• Visited August 2013
bexleyheath
“Dining al fresco”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We visited the Foundry again for a quick meal and a real drink. There is a new outside eating area which was pleasant in the warm weather. Good hearty meal (steak sandwich & garnish with excellent dressing) and a pint or two of....hm, can't remember (I usually have the Topaz). Sampled the chocolate and vanilla Porter (9%??).
Slight negative was one of our meals was very late coming up (and that was a chicken Fahita wrap- not the most complicated of meals). The beers cannot be faulted!! Whoever complains of £6 a pint needs to look at how Excise duty is levied in the UK!! I don't know how much a bottle of factory made euro-lager is but...
I would say the Foundry is more suited to younger people although there was a couple present who were possibly in their 80's thoroughly enjoying the beer and the ambience.

• Visited July 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent beers and food !”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Found our way here by accident as it is a little off the beaten track. This is a shame as many people are missing out !
The staff were very patient over my choice of beer (I asked for their finest and was given a list of things I liked to define the correct beer for me ) .We sat outside on an enclosed decked area which was very pleasant but view restricted. We decided on a light snack so went for a cheese sandwich and pickle (though there were delicious looking alternatives!!
On receipt of the sandwiches we both gave an audible gasp !! Have never seen such a large sandwich before.....of course we finished it all and it was fabulous !!

Visited July 2013