Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 03/19/21
Free cancellation until 03/18/21
eDreams$132
Travelocity$132
CheapTickets$132
All reviews cottage number the cottages city centre room overlooking the garden lovely hotel ample parking cooked breakfast breakfast was excellent cricket ground four poster stayed nights single bed breakfast room road noise pleasant stay full english member of staff
Selected filters
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had a lovely weekend break and booked three rooms for three nights over Easter. The weather was cold but the hotel was always very warm and welcoming. It is ideally placed for Canterbury. A ten to fifteen minute walk into the centre helps shift the calories from the cooked breakfasts which were excellent. The breakfast coffee could be improved but other than that it's all good. Not sure why the earlier reviewer complains that wi-fi isn't free. It most certainly is! Yes you have to log on but it's not hard and the internet speed is extremely good for a hotel - especially as it's free. We didn't get a chance to try the bar food but the menu looked fine. Don't think it's designed to be gourmet - just convenient quick meals if you don't have time to go further afield. Plenty of good places to eat in Canterbury in any event. The garden looks lovely but sadly it was a bit cold to spend much time in it on this occasion. All in all a very restful and comfortable stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was one of the best and most suprising parts of our 4-day weekend. The hotel is quaint and yet not run-down. Though the bathtub area could have used some good groutwork, the room itself was large and nice. We booked late for the holiday and we happy that the last room available was still so large. We also appreciate the fact that we could get a hot breakfast for no extra charge - something you don't often find. Henry's bar was also a nice addition as was the additional lounge/game area. Would definitely recommend if you are going to this area. The other hotels in town may be "newer" but would definitely be noisy and cramped since its really a university city. We felt very cosy coming home to Ebury each night!

Room tip: Though we had two twin beds the hotel was happy to push them together for us ahead of time.
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We arrived as a family of four adults and were booked into an apartment. We were shown the apartment with no details about it. The Wifi is NOT free as you need a log in despite the claim online. We went to the bar the first night and were rudely spoken to by the woman on duty who was surprised when we asked for a bottle of wine as if we were not allowed. The apartment whilst spacious was not clean and smelled there were no dishwasher tablets at all and minimal washing up liquid. As four adults we would expect there to be four towels and when we returned from a day out we find only three towels ? What's that about?
The location is great but for a return visit money needs to be spent to upgrade the apartments and re decorate and if your wifi is not free then change the website and if it is then maybe review check in practice and mention it as people book in as a selling
Point we did not feel welcome at at all.

1  Thank Mpalmma
aliCanterbury, Owner at Ebury Hotel and Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

The Wi-Fi in the hotel and apartments is, and has been completely free for years.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The coldest Easter for many years and with snow flurries outside, the Ebury Hotel offered a warm, toasty welcome. I stayed for 3 nights (Room 10) and was impressed with the size and comfort of my single room especially as the heating stayed on throughout the day so that it was always nice to come back to after a cold expedition into the city centre. The hotel is about a mile from the cathedral but I walked in every time. Breakfasts were good, especially the cooked ones. The buffet bar was less imaginative. I ate in the bar on the first evening which I found rather cramped and not particularly welcoming. I would describe the bar food as just that - don't expect a dining experience. In fact the public facilities are rather limited. I made a couple of suggestions for improvement which were well received so I'm not going to mention them here as I rather got the impression they would be followed up. I'll check it out next time I stay - I'll be back for sure.

Room tip: I slept on the back of the hotel on the second floor (rather a climb but worth it for those who are fit).
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I don't make a habit of leaving reviews as I am not convinced of their validity - how many people, if totally happy, will take the time and trouble to put finger to keyboard? However, if one has an axe to grind then how good is it to find a platform to moan from....! The reason I am leaving a review this time is that I have just read the previous negative one and find it nigh on impossible to believe we are speaking of the same hotel - I cannot fault the warm welcome my husband and I received, the decor is subtle yet calming, the room was beautifully situated and in fine order, and the breakfast absolutely delicious. The proximity to Canterbury made it possible to walk into the town and back again without exhaustion setting in and although I am reasonably local to the area - this was a "romantic" weekend away with my lover ( AKA my husband ) for a special occasion, the suggestions re recommended restaurants was hugely useful. A swim in the Ebury pool on the Sunday morning alleviated the guilt from some of the calories consumed the night before and from the full English breakfast. All in all a lovely weekend break so thank you to all concerned.

Date of stay: February 2013