“A lovely treat”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Food, service, atmosphere all fabulous. We have definitely marked this one as the place to go when we want to enjoy a celebratory meal or as a special treat. We visited on Mothers Day and enjoyed a great choice on the set menu - would thoroughly recommend for all ages. We went with our 10 year old son, 76 yr old Nanny and ourselves. The Staff are lovely and totally professional - your relaxed enjoyment of the meal is clearly their priority.

There are newer reviews for The Champagne Bar at ABode Canterbury

Reviewed January 28, 2013

For several years now my wife and I have had lunch in the Champagne Bar. The exposed beams and log fire crackling in the ingle-nook fire grate makes a wonderful setting, as the bitter wind and snow flurried outside. The menu is great and the food we ordered was fine, the service was also acceptable, but not great. BIG BIG MISTAKE was made by serving our pot of tea and expecting us to drink from one of the cups which was DIRTY. When I pointed this out to the waitress her reply was " it will come off in the steamer"! Sorry, not good enough this time. We will not be back.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

A few weeks ago me and 27 others had our Xmas staff Doo at the abode in Canterbury. Well what a shambles. The service from the waiter was awful, really rude. The place was freezing ( which we complained about ) the food was cold and tasteless, which we was so surprised about considering we were expecting high standards at the abode.

The manager that evening was quite polite and offered us free glasses of wine which was nice but the waiter put us all in such a bad mood and ruined our evening.

The waiters took our plates, didn't ask how our meal was. All I got was ' are you finished '
My partner who came alone to the Doo with me is a restaurant manager at a popular individual restaurant in Canterbury so it was frankly quite embarrassing.
After complaining since and not receiving a satisfactory Reply I thought I'd write this review so your all aware before you book.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is a great meeting place right in the middle of the high street. Having had a girls lunch there we were very dissapointed with the portion sizes, complained but did not receive a satisfactory reply, it was a case of it was a grazing lunch and they were the portion sizes. Service in the bar area is appalling far too slow, in fact we had to get up and ask the waiter to come and serve us.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We went for a drink here one evening. Beautiful selection of champagne cocktails.The cocktails are all made fresh to order. We picked up a wedding leaflet just to browse, the staff showed us round. We fell in love with the oak beams and friendly atmosphere and booked our wedding there!! There is a service charge on the bill- but I am happy to pay for table service.