“mama feel full!”

Ranked #8 of 32 Coffee & Tea in Canterbury
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013

brilliant little cafe, quite pricey but very nice food,coffee a bit on the weak side. sandwiches and soup and salads all very nice and unusual combinations of food and flavours.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Although I live near and had passed in the car many times, this was the first time I popped in. The place looks lovely and I wished I had had more time to peek into the interesting looking shops in the courtyard. However, I ordered a take away coffee and sandwich instead as I was in a rush. Whilst I was there a couple were given free drinks for waiting so long for their lunch. The staff just didn't seem to be organised or have any sense of urgency to them. I managed to finish my whole coffee before my sandwich arrived. Although delicious, the experience was marred by a 15 minute wait which got me agitated. If I had that time I would have opted to eat-in in the first place!

3  Thank NickyJ1508
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Having been disappointed by the paucity of places to buy decent children's clothes in Canterbury city centre - even the selection in "Fenwick's" was pretty woeful, if you can believe it - we were directed here to purchase something for my new Goddaughter. "Mama Feelgood's" - slightly arch name, but I'll let it slide - seemed the perfect place for a decent bacon sarnie and a drink. And it was. The place as a whole seemed nice and busy, and this cafe was no exception. Really fresh and reasonably priced sandwiches, made with what tasted like good-quality bread and bacon. Service was exactly what you'd expect from a good quality cafe - pleasant and smiley. And nice clean clothes! SO depressing to be served by slovenly waitresses covered in coffee, butter and jam. We'll chance a more substantial meal next time, and see how that works out. Definitely a four star experience.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This tearoom is in a lovely setting and is quite quaint but when told to move from my table or leave I was a little put out. I won't be going back despite the lovely cakes and light lunches

2  Thank Veronica S
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My family and I have been coming here for years and there was a time when it first opened that it was let down by it's staff. This is not the case any more. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. On my most recent UK trip I stopped by Mama Feelgoods several times. It is a great place to meet with friends, and I prefer to stop here and have coffee on the way to Canterbury then have something in Canterbury itself now. Each experience was just as good as the other. Excellent breakfast and most importantly great cake. There is always a good selection of sweet treats and they are always fresh! The tearoom itself is casual and bright, comfortable and clean, there is outdoor seating which is lovely when the sun is shining and after having sampled the delights of the tearoom, one can walk across the courtyard to their shop. I'm already looking forward to my next visit.