“I'm dying for you to be good!”

La Trappiste Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Trappiste Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 371 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Belgian, Mediterranean, Seafood, British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Kent
“I'm dying for you to be good!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Another trip to La Trappiste, this time for breakfast. I love this place, and am urging it to be better. So disappointed with it though.... the regular waiter was so sadly bereft of conversation or smiles it was painful. Now, I don't blame a person for having an off-day, but he could have fitted aptly into a sitcom.

I ordered Eggs Benedict and the Boy ordered a full breakfast. Eggs Benedict came on two up-turned uncooked crumpets, and the Boy's breakfast was obviously held under a heat lamp, being de-hydrated. £25?

This experience made me feel like the staff thought us fools. We were too hungry to complain or send it back. I'm fed-up of poor service. Pull yourselves together, and employ staff who give a toss about your reputation La Trappiste!

1 Thank penfoldandtheboy

• Greek first
  • Korean first
“Great value”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Good quality food reasonably priced with something for everybody.the fish and chips were delightful and our waitress faultless .will make a return visit this time for the mussels my wife's were delicious.

Visited January 2014
“Best selection of beer in Kent”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I'm a big fan of Belgian beer, which is the main reason we came to check this place out. They have hundreds of different beers to choose from. It was early afternoon as well so we got a couple of burgers as well, which were excellent with great chip shop style chips. If I lived in Canterbury I'd be in here every week!

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“No regrets”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I hired the top floor of La Trappiste for a surprise 30th birthday party for my wife. The experience throughout was great. The supervisor I was liaising with could not have been more helpful in the preparation stages in the weeks leading up to the event. On the night the staff were polite, professional and attentive without being over-the-top. The food and drinks were all good quality. The space was ideal for our group, and my wife and all the guests had a great evening. Definitely the right choice for venue hire!

• Visited December 2013
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea with my friend”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Nice afternoon tea
A little cramped but generally ok
I do wish they publicised that they charge on card payments under £10
I was disappointed with this considering this is a busy restaurant bar etc Will think twice before going in even though I've eaten here a couple of times before