“Fantastic food & coffee”

Chambers of Canterbury
Ranked #167 of 364 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: American, Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food & coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Wow what a fantastic menu I spent ages trying to make up my mind as there was so much great choices and when I made my order I wished I'd ordered one of my other choices !
Still I wasn't disappointed the coffee came up first and blew my socks off and when the food was place down I was already salivating ! They say you eat with your eyes well mine were full, and although I was full I had to try the home made cake Yum Yum
Great service the staff were very friendly, I'm gutted I live so far away !
The history on the front of the menu was really interesting too

Visited January 2014

canterbury
“Its a damn good cafe.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I loved the place. A massive menu. Good food. Don't expect restaurant service as this is a cafe. Friendly service though. I kept thinking of Denny's that I went to as a kid and will be back for sure. The only critisism was the pretentious teenager sitting next to me who loved the sound of her own voice, but that can't be helped. I'll sit upstairs next time...

• Visited January 2014
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
“No luck this time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We visited Chambers a year ago and liked the friendly ambience, good service and nice meal. So we decided to go back this year. It's still a friendly place to go to with kids, but the food isn't as good anymore. A shame, especially because the service isn't that good either. Yes it was busy (they'd forgotten all about us, so we had to wait quite some time), but friendly staff isn't enough. There's a nice cathedral view on the first floor 'though.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mike E
Saint Anthony, Idaho
“A historical adventure with tasty food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I quite found Chamber's by accident. My daughter and her flatmate's were shopping. I was cold and weary and longing for a cup of tea. The service was superb, the tea hot and fragrant and the pastry magnificent.I enjoyed learning about the history of the building as well. I will definitely visit Chamber's again.
Desiree from Idaho USA

• Visited November 2013
Canterbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Waited ages to be acknowledged and order taken and long wait for our drinks to arrive·.they forgot my tea and I had to ask for it. There was no apology and both waitresses looked like they couldn't really be bothered. Well we won't bother again either as for me good service is vital.

• Visited December 2013