“excellent breakfast”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed January 29, 2013

we were in canterbury to watch the cathedral and we needed a place to have a breakfast. we found this place and it's been an excellent place to have a good breakfast.
for us the price was cheap (2 breakfast about £ 20).

1  Thank ironpink

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have friends in Faversham and when we visit we always end up in Canterbury, the women love 'retail therapy'. Previously having visited The Thomas Ingoldsby, as it was my birthday, I thought I would push the boat out and buy lunch. This time it was packed. Service was slow with staff talking instead of serving. The beer when it came was good and the coffee caused more delay but eventually arrived. It appeared to me that this place has fallen victim to its' own success. Extra staff should eleviate the problem. The food when it came was good and let's be honest where else can you go and get lunch for four with drinks for £18.16? Fortunately we were in no hurry and for me the delay probably saved me £50!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

awful service took 10 mins when i asked for a decafe coffee then women said she couldnt do decafe no apology then manager brought cooked breakfast over which definatly had been sitting there for ages would never go there again avoid

3  Thank Emma W
Thomas I, Manager at The Thomas Ingoldsby - J D Wetherspoon, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2016

Thanks for taking the time to review us.

We will pass your comments on to the bar and floor team. It is a shame you will not be revisiting

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Steak club: steak and chips for £5.99 what a bargain! As a student lacking in protein it sorted me out! Good food good value. Its not gourmet but you don't pay gourmet prices.

Good drinks value too: 2 pitchers of cocktails for £10, can't go wrong really! Lots of choice of cocktails. Staff were friendly and working fast, cocktails were good.

Best place for predrinks and a quick and cheap lunch in Canterbury, can't complain :)

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Very busy today with steak club at £5.99 good value I had ribeye and amazing cooked good atmosphere from old to young a mixture of customers