2,335 results
All reviews champagne bar high street enviable room desirable room tuck box car park michael caines lovely hotel central location standard room sat nav front of house excellent location one night stay centre of town enjoyable stay lovely room
Reviewed September 28, 2015

Comfy room 115 (no view) very noisy bathroom next door - rudely awoken at 6.15! Good service - attitude - breakfast fine ... disappointed our enquiry about parking was "yes parking on site" which was in fact £10 on checkout ...

Stayed: September 2015
Operations M, Manager at ABode Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2015

Dear Rosslyn A,

Thank you for your feedback, I will ask my Maintenance team to investigate the noisy bathroom, I am sorry you were disturbed.

I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and the service but my apologies that you were not informed of the parking charge.

I do hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2015 via mobile

I am normally a very picky person but found our stay nothing bit enjoyable. We paid a bit more for a larger nicer room. Was very clean spacious and presentable. Our room overlooked the High St but I was mega impressed with the sound proofing as was so quiet. The bath and shower were lovely and the whole design of the room was fantastic. Our extra goodies we had left in out room were a nice touch and bed was so comfortable. If I wanted to be extra picky and I wouldn't really make a big deal out of it I would mention the TV channels were limited and in the morning our toast for breakfast was burnt but to me these issue were nothing and I would definitely recommend and visit again x

Stayed: September 2015, traveled with friends

Dear Leigh S,

Thank you for your lovely review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please accept my apologies for the toast and we are changing our channels later on this year so should have a much better selection.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2015

poor breakfast, enough noise in the room, no sleepers, not enough light in the room, poor toitelleries, no refrigirator in the room, very expensive for that it provides, i won't recomment it espesially for families

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CanterburyAB, Manager at ABode Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2015

Dear mariatB5616HA,

I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay.

I thank you for your feedback and I will pass your comments on to the relevant departments.

I do hope you will not be put off from visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed September 23, 2015

Just back from a one night stay on Sunday - excellent experience the front office and bar staff just made the whole experience very enjoyable. Not once did any of the staff we met great us with a "No" answer which is great.
Would stay again as "your people" have made this a very easy decision to make. Thanks

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled solo

Dear ChinaGirl1964,

Thank you so much for such glowing compliments of our staff.

They will be very pleased to read this and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2015

The location is great just a few minutes walk from the cathedral; room is a bit old and noise can be heard. No in-room mini-bar, broken air-con, and even sleepers running out. The restaurant was fine.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear haotians2015,

Thank you for your review.

We have recently refurbished around two thirds of our bedrooms with the remainder scheduled for next year. I am very sorry if yours was a little tired.

Unfortunately we do not provide mini bars but the air conditioning in the rooms that were not working is currently being replaced. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

I am glad you enjoyed the restaurant and I hope we can welcome you back soon.