“At least once a month ....”
Review of Cafe du Soleil

Cafe du Soleil
Ranked #5 of 382 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Cafe du Soleil is situated beside the river Stour in Canterbury occupying a former 18th century wool store and is accessed by its own bridge over the river. The building was restored with a grant from English Heritage and showcases the extensive use of reclaimed building material from the 14C city wall. Our cuisine draws influence from Provence in southern France, and from Italy, to create a modern Mediterranean cuisine. The menu changes with the seasons, and much of our food is cooked in our wood burning oven, fed with locally sourced wood from managed forest.
Reviewed December 4, 2012

A frequently changing menu, super service, nicely cooked food, early bird menu, walkable form my house. All positives !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Staying in Canterbury for one night our hotel gave me a postcard for the Cafe du Soleil in Canterbury on the card was a voucher for a complimentary bottle of house wine . The voucher was honoured with an extremely good bottle of wine which more than complimented the very good food,plus very ple

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I went there on what I suppose you could call a date with a friend that I've started seeing and we had an amazing time. There was only one waitress and she had a lot of tables to serve but she dealt with them all very well and the service was IMMACULATE. The waitress was so lovely, so polite, VERY good at her job Delicious wine. The food was also delicious, great variety, but portion sizes were a bit on the small side. We only went for lunch but it was still very romantic. Will definitely be going back.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The 4 of us went there following our daughter's graduation and I asked for a bottle of their medium priced champagne, the waitress came out and said they didn't have any but let us have the expensive stuff for the same price! The lunch went from good to excellent!

The service was excellent, the food was very good, I ordered lamb brochette which came with chips and I forgot to ask if I could exchange the chips for another side order, however when the chips came and I mentioned this, the waiter said he could do me some garlic mash if I wanted. It appeared within a couple of minutes at no extra charge! I was very impressed. The waiting staff were helpful, cheerful and friendly. Could not fault it and will definitely go back! Top marks!

1  Thank wishboneWestSussex
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Well looked after reasonably priced and would go back again. Don't like service charge being auto added to bill as I like to choose to add rather than feel compelled