The Falstaff in Canterbury
Canterbury Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
$192
$114
Hotels.com
Broome Park Hotel(Barham)(Great Value!)
$142
$138
  • Pool
$50
HIExpress.com
Castle House Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
$135
$111
TripAdvisor
Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
$89
$79
ABode Canterbury(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
$180
$175
  • Restaurant
Cathedral Gate Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
$77
$74
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Ebury Hotel and Serviced Apartments(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
$148
$114
Premier Inn Canterbury City Centre Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
$87
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
The Victoria Hotel(Canterbury)
TripAdvisor
1,219 results
All reviewscar parkmain buildingthe ground floorbuffet stylelovely old hotelold buildingfour posterexcellent locationstaff were welcomingcity centrehigh streetbreakfast was excellentfull englishstayed for two nightssingle roomsunday morningcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel, the price was fantastic, we had two single rooms, they weren't large but really nicely done with big cushions and comfortable beds rather an attic feel, which was delightful.
The staff were very kind, I wasn't very very well during my stay, and they could not have been more helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Moley181054
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Second trip to canterbury and again stayed at the falstaff. What a fabulous place to stay. clean, warm, perfect location, free parking. friendly helpful staff. Highly recommended. Looking forward to a return to canterbury as we know where we will stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I've stayed at a few hotels in Canterbury, including the Abode, and I have to say this one is the best by far. We have just returned from a 2 night stay in a superior room and have to say we will return here. The staff were very helpful, the room was beautiful (four poster, large), breakfast very good and location perfect.
Ask for room number 9. It's a ford poster out the back so very quiet.
Only breakfast food wise is server but due to the location, this is not a problem. The only thing I would say is that the bag area needs up dating but that is all,

Thankyou, falstaff, for making a very important weekend away perfect

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Kerry A
John A, Manager at The Falstaff in Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and also for providing us with your thoughts. We are working hard on improving the areas of the hotel that still need some attention as part of a continuous maintenance programme. We are also looking at where we can still improve our customer service so it is very pleasing to here you enjoyed your stay and are efforts are being enjoyed.

Kind Regards,

John Alexander
Operations Manager

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed here in February for a few days away /visit Canterbury.
As others have stated on here the location is excellent for all of Canterbury's main attractions and for the town night life, just far enough away not to be noisy but easy to walk about.
We , as others have said here where put in the old mill building which is accessed by push button key lock which is a bit fiddly, and if you decide to use the small car park for this building , whilst easy to get in your driving skills need to be good to get out in anything over and above a small/medium sized vehicle and will need watching out or run the risk of damage against the wall.

The above said, the hotel staff where excellent, really attentive and informative although European where friendly and knowledgeable. We had a room on the top floor in what would be the attic however the size was very good, facilities excellent and the room was spotless.

Breakfast although a self serviced was of a very high quality and again staff attentive and helpful.

I would definitely recommend if visiting this area using this hotel and enjoyed my brief stay

Room Tip: Room 54 - I would recommend
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here 9th February to visit the Marlowe Theatre. Just managed to get into the car park as it holds only about 37 cars.The public car park has overnight parking period finishing at 7.00.am which would mean a very early trip to get a new parking ticket. The room was very clean and had everything that you would expect although it was difficult to get the curtains to properly close. Being an old building the floor creaks and crunches with every step which is a bit of a problem if you visit the bathroom during the night. The worst thing was that the lounge is just under the room we had and I was woken up at 2.00.am by the noise of the guests below which ranged from loud conversations to singing. This finally stopped at about 3.00am. and I managed to get back to sleep. The buffet breakfast was very good and the staff were all excellent. I would happily use the hotel again but would avoid a front room over the lounge.

Room Tip: Rooms on the High Street have secondary glazing but are still noisy. If the lounge is occupied by noisy guests the noise is intrusive if you are in the room above.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and giving your thoughts on The Falstaff. I am glad you found the room to be clean; we will look into the curtains and make any necessary changes. We do have 35 parking spaces for 46 bedrooms so it is a high ratio (especially for Canterbury) but I appreciate that on occasions we can experience days where everyone arrives by car. I am glad you founfd a space and hope you enjoyed the show at The Marlowe. I am sorry that there were a few noisy guests in the lounge; if aware we do let people know if they are disturbing others. I am glad the team were helpful for you and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kindest Regards,