“Good value buffet, friendly staff, a chance to try new dishes from around the world.”

ChomChom Buffetworks Canterbury
Ranked #232 of 380 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: European, Chinese, Indian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Buffet restaurant provides Chinese, Indian, Thai and continental dishes. It also provides live noodles station and naan bar. Excellent for large grouping as it can accommodate up to 170 people at a time. It has got very good bar facility and good atmosphere.
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We went as a table for four and were seated straight away despite it being a busy Sunday evening, as we had never been before our waiter was very helpful and explained about the buffet, there were lots of starters and a good selection of salad very impressive for a buffet! a selection of Tai Indian and Chinese dishes for the main and you could select your own stir fry for the chef to make for you, My favourite dish was the naam bread, you choose which type you prefer and its hand made while you wait, absolutely delicious! My only criticism was that the deserts were limited and small portions but there was also unlimited icecream factory which is excellent after a spicy stir fry! The best dessert for me was Gulab Jabun I have never tried it before it is an Indian donut dish and I had it with ice cream, gorgeous! We would definitely recommend Chom Choms, it has a busy buzzing vibe great for couples, families and parties.

1  Thank Sarah W

Reviewed June 14, 2014

went here with friends, loved it.
food is hot and plenty of it, you choose noodles and chicken prawns etc and hand it over for them to cook as spicy as you like.

We like it here because the food is nice tasting and always hot. plenty to choose from ie Thai, Indian, Chinese dishes. and the treat after is Jelly beans and ice cream or cakes.

Price is reasonable these days. 1 min walk from bus station, next door to IFS school of finance.

1  Thank E-Ticket-traveller
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Chomchom is conveniently situated near the Historic centre of Canterbury, which make it ideal for tourists and locals alike. It is a large resturant which is well maintained with interesting decor and friendly efficient staff.
The hot buffet has a selection for all tastes, as well as delicious vegetarian options. It is possible to choose a stir fry that is cooked fresh for you, and children love helping themselves to the whippy ice cream as a desert.
My only real criticism was that our waiter was a bit too quick to take away our plates, which I will point out when I go again.

1  Thank littlebin
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We last ate here 4 years ago, and would say the quality is as good as it was then. An excellent choice of indo-chinese dishes plus pizza/salad for the less adventourous. Choose your ingredients and hand to the chef for cooked to order noodles and order naan breads that are brought to your table - all superb.
Overall a good example of this genre of restaurant compared to similar we have tried.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Having never been to ChomChom before, I was really surprised with the friendliness of the staff and the level of help we received. Food was brilliant, of a high quality, and was very delightful. The waiter who served me and a friend was very helpful and any questions we had he answered within a short time, and was able to make us feel incredibly at ease. Was incredibly busy, and while there was a load of people in the restaurant, the bar upstairs was empty and I feel that the people waiting upstairs to be seated could have been seated in the empty bar. Also, the food containers seemed to empty incredibly quickly and waits for refilling were slightly long, but as the food was of a high standard this was incredibly easy to ignore. Adding to that, with the dessert counter, I don't understand how you can serve things like creme caramel and jelly with a teaspoon? As I said, it was a high-standard of food and a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Will be back.