“Romantic with fabulous food”

The Old Weavers Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 364 Restaurants in Canterbury
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Essex UK
“Romantic with fabulous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We initially were taken with the look of this place, both inside and out. We ventured inside and resulted in eating our evening meal here twice in our three day visit to Canterbury. The food was absolutely delicious. I think it was called 'the sizzler' or 'brunch grill', a dish with several choices of meat all on one plate. The place looks cosy, inviting and romantic. The staff are very friendly. The lovely lady who served us told us it was her first day. I hope she is still there, her service was delightful. A small restaurant with friendly atmosphere.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Kath B

• Greek first
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Great food and special location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a great place. I is advertised as being there since 1500 but in fact some parts of the building are apparently older than that. It is quite out of place part way along the main shopping street but is next to a river/stream, is of classic black/white construction and looks the business. Inside it has been tastefully converted and serves great food at very reasonable prices, and the service is friendly and efficient. I had the two course set meal and irt was fabulous - great home made soup and one of the best pizzas I have ever had. It is a just on the corner of the street that goes down to the Marlowe Theatre so it is really convenient for a pre-theatre dinner which is what we had. Fantastic

Visited January 2013
4 Thank PG1
“best pies ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We vame to the weavers We were met in a friendly manner and shown to our table immediately; service throughout the meal was exemplary! The menu was varied but not intimidating, with most dishes created from local produce. Descriptions of the dishes we tried were accurate, but we were surprised by the size of the main course portions especially - I needed help to finish mine!
Considering the quality of the food and wine, the bill was very reasonable too! I recommend this restaurant highly.

4 Thank sane19
Bath
“Fantastic & Festive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Me and my family just finished our Christmas shopping off and we were starving! The children picked this resturant because of all the lights and they loved the christmas tree! I had the homemade mulled wine to drink and it was lovely and so thoughtful in how it was presented so i orderd another:) The service was really fast and friendly although it was very busy it looked very controlled. For dinner i had the Chicken Backon BBQ and it was sooo nice, it was served with vegtables and potatoes and it was a very generous size! The presentation was also nice however me being old fashioned i would of perfered the meal on a plate than a chopping board style plate! Apart from that we all really enjoyed our evening at the restuarnt and have booked a table for New years eve!
Highly recommend this establishment and im sure i will become a regular!

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank claire l
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Dreadful rip off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

The place stunk of wee. I went there with my mother. She ordered a steak and kidney pie which was steak out of a tin and some puff pastry cooked and stuck on top. I ordered a tomato and onion salad. It was literally a large cooking onion cut up into thick slices and some slices of tomato. Noone could have eaten that... revolting. This was all at about ten pounds a head. Give it a miss.

Visited April 2012