“Boring, bland and overpriced”
Review of Canteen

Canteen
Ranked #49 of 376 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Just three doors to the left of Canterbury Cathedral Gate Canteen serves freshly made flatbreads,salads, baguettes, toasties, jacket potatos and daily hot dish / soup. Everything is made to order from freshly prepared ingredients using local suppliers wherever possible. The building dates back to around 1600 and from the windows you can get glimpses of the Cathedral (particularly from the loo !). It is a rather rickety building so you need to be OK with stairs as our seating is over three floors. We provide eat in or take away food and a large variety of hot and cold drinks including smoothies and juice pressed on the premises. Due to popularity we also now serve delicious cream teas.
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I fail to understand how and why this place got so many good reviews. I visited only today (for the first and last time) and had a hot toastie which I found so uninspiring. The ingredients were ok and fair enough there was a lot of filling in the toastie but it stops there.

I found the price of £4.70 excessive for what it was. It really wasn't worth it and I'm sure there are better places to eat in Canterbury.

2  Thank Keyz
There are newer reviews for Canteen

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Lovely place to eat. fresh ingredients and you can make up what ever you like, but the staff are really helpful at guiding you if your new ! Delicious toasites and wraps and amazing burritos !!

I often go here with friends or with my boyfriend and also in my lunch breaks from work.

1  Thank bethmtaylor
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here since the week it opened. I think it has recently changed hands but it is still and has always been excellent. There is a varied and delicious menu with well balanced exiting flavours and ingredients that change seasonally. The food is fresh and healthy. The staff are polite, amiable, helpful and cheerful. The service is fast. It can be a little pricey for a weekday lunch but it a luxury worth treating yourself to. Currently the pulled pork burrito is a winner!

1  Thank Tashinis
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Fresh ingredients, nice specials, friendly staff. Love the Chicken & Chorizo hot flatbread. Lovely to sit in the window and watch the world go by.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Myself and my partner and our friends frequently visit this deli sandwich shop
Every time we do we're not disappointed
There is a great range of choice from hot to cold dishes and I would always recommend the Mojo sauce which the canteen use! It's to good for words!
If they sold it by the bottle im sure demand would out run supply
Staff and very friendly and attentive too
Its an all rounder if you're after a quick lunch to eat in or take away