“Refreshingly Good”
Review of Royal Inn

Royal Inn
Ranked #29 of 387 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Description: This super-chic Chinese in Canterbury is popular with a trendy Kentish crowd, and is located in Longport. Perfect for posh dinner parties, stylish dates and events, the Royal Inn Contemporary Chinese is decorated with designer wallpaper, blonde wooden floors and suede seating, and the restaurant is popular for its authentic cuisine and Chinese tea. The Royal Inn has a cosmopolitan, energetic vibe, and there is a private dining room for exclusive soirees. Favourites from the menu include the lobster served with crispy noodles and a ginger and spring onion sauce; the crispy aromatic duck pancakes with cucumber and Hoi Sin sauce; and the tofu stir-fry with macadamia nuts. We also love the special artistic tea.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went this week for a takeaway, service was polite and quick and the food was tasty and very well cooked,we will try the restaurant next time.

1  Thank TonyAL2605

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Not much else to add to the title. We've visited several times and the standard has been consistently high. No 'MSG' headache the next morning. The best chinese in the city by far.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have eaten at many Chinese Restaurants around the world during my many overseas journeys but have to admit that the Royal In is the best chinese food I have ever eaten. What I like about the food is that the restaurant puts real flavour into their meals. There is no MS and her choice of dishes is outstanding. Everything is so fresh. This is not your average Chinese restaurant. Apart from the great food, the service by all the staff and especially the proprietor, Vivian, who is so welcomming. I am now a regular and eat their at least once a week as her prices are so reasonable.

If you want outstanding food and a great choice of unusual dishses and for good prices then the Royal Inn is the place to eat.

1  Thank vaynetempest
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This restaurant serves delicious food and the service is just delightful - welcoming, friendly, attentive, and always polite (without being overbearing). I keep trying a new dish each time I visit and I'm never disappointed!

1  Thank JN-UK
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Food was excellent. My wife and I loved our dishes.
Just wish the portion sizes were larger; left us wanting more