“Disappointed - won't go back.”
Review of Tiny Tim's Tearoom

Tiny Tim's Tearoom
Ranked #1 of 28 Coffee & Tea in Canterbury
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We have now served over 750,000 customers in our eight years of business! That's over three quarters of a million! The reviews below represent far less than 1% of our visitors. We hope to see you soon so you may decide for yourself! Quintessential English tearoom set in an historic 400 year old haunted building beautifully decorated with 1930's inspired settings and chandeliers. A quiet luxurious oasis in the heart of bustling Canterbury. We do not take bookings, so just turn up and we will accommodate you. Please be aware that last admission is usually 15-20 minutes before closing.
Ireland
“Disappointed - won't go back.”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Visited these tea rooms expecting a great afternoon tea experience. Was very disappointed - Latte arrived without a saucer spilling onto table - no offer to wipe the mess - no apologies. Had to ask for a napkin to very obviously wipe the table. My friend and I ordered two afternoon teas at £16 each ( £32 ) our expectations were very overly optimistic. We each received 4 finger sandwiches, one scone ( mine was a cheese scone served with jam!!) a 2.5
cm piece of chocolate cheesecake, a 3cm piece of Christmas cake and a very mini shortbread biscuit again about 2 cms. When I questioned the waitress on the cheese scone and jam - she looked at me as if I had two heads - I had to ask if they wanted me to eat the savoury scone with jam? She asked me if I wanted a fruit scone - I said yes please and off she went. About 7 minutes later the manager came saying I believe you wanted another scone!! I said yes and explained that I did not expect to eat a cheese scone with Jam - again I got the "look" however off he went and returned with a fruit scone.

For £32 I had expectations of value for money and service to match - unfortunately we received neither. I will not be returning.

DC
“Great tearoom”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Fantastic service, coffee, tea and food. The scrambled eggs, scone and the rarebit are amazing. Be mindful that it can get busy so plan for some waiting time for a table if you get there at its peak hours.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service and good location”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stopped for lunch. Had soup and a breakfast huffkin. Both were delicious. Service was polite and efficient. Slightly on the expensive side but happy to pay when it is good food. Liked being able to pay at the counter. Would definitely return if we are in Canterbury again.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Extremely expensive for not that great food. Cakes - delicious!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I'd recommend that you visit Tiny Tims for cakes and tea. The cakes I have had there have always been perfect and they have a great selection of scones. However, last time I visited I ordered the Welsh Rarebit and what they put in front of me looked like squirty cheese from a can spread over soggy bread. Literally couldn't eat more than one bite.

Go for the cakes.

• Visited May 2013
Lille, France
“Delicious afternoon teas”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

If you want to have a typical English afternoon tea, this is where you have to go. You will find the best and the biggest scones of Canterbury!