“Great meals at reasonable prices”

Deeson's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Deeson's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 364 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Canterbury now benefits from the new high speed link to London as well as a regular network of rail, coach and bus routes.
Description: Deeson's restaurant is a British restaurant set in the heart of the historic Cathedral city of Canterbury. At Deeson's we pride ourselves on serving the best of seasonal produce that is available to us from Kent the allotment of England and Britain. Our menu celebrates everything that is great about Britain and it's culinary history. At Deeson's we have the freedom to change our menu's on a daily basis directed by the feedback we receive from our suppliers letting us know which products are particularly good at any given time.
Kent
“Great meals at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Reliably good food! In centre of Canterbury near Cathedral. Often have a pianist. Lunchtime specials.

“Nothing but perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

When you are told how good something is your expectations are high but in this case they were surpassed. The whole experience was pure joy.
A menu which covered most diets was varied but not overcrowded and the service was excellent. No hovering but there like a shot if you needed them.
My food was faultless, beautifully presented and full of taste. I am not averse to making a complaint but in this case couldn't,t find anything to fault.
This may work against me for future bookings but I advise everyone to give it a try for a really special night out.

“will be back again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

although the restaurant was very busy we were made to feel like the only customers. very good service, nice (and unusual) selection of food, which was well cooked and very tasty. The restaurant is fairly noisy (because its busy) but it is not a problem, we had enough space and felt private at our table. All of use (a range of ages) enjoyed the meal and I feel certain we will return.

• Visited May 2014
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, impeccable service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to Deeson's restaurant recently as my birthday treat. Being students in Canterbury, we ordered the pre-theatre three course set-menu which was delicious and even though the set-menu was considerably cheaper than ordering separate dishes from the menu, I'm sure was still just as good.
Our waiter was extremely polite, always topping up our drinks and making a joke or two throughout the evening. The atmosphere was sophisticated, relaxed and lovely if you want to treat yourself.
I'm particularly impressed by the fact that all of their ingredients/produce are locally sourced, so you know that Deeson's is benefiting the local community! The traditional (and fantastic!) English food is often a rarity nowadays, this would also be perfect if you have guests visiting in Canterbury and you want to give them a real 'taste' of the city and the local area.

1 Thank MelissaE21
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“It was so good - I was tempted not to spread the word!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

The food here is British...but British at its absolute best. Mr D became positively excited as he perused the varied exciting offerings and reverently silent when the beautifully presented food arrived at the table. And it was magnificent. Every element of each dish has been carefully thought through and the presentation is designed so that you can taste everything. Mr D had the seafood platter and the pork platter; he pronounced both excellent and even offered me a taste to prove his point - a rare honour, I might tell you! My friend and I shared tastes of everything and so I can say that the pork platter starter, the beef and the cheese soufflé are fantastic. I reserve my highest praise for the Queen of Puddings dessert. I am not a fan of puddings but it was AMAZING. The service was excellent - unobtrusive but attentive and friendly. We will be back, if we can get a table!