“Birthday Meal”

Deeson's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Deeson's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 377 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Canterbury now benefits from the new high speed link to London as well as a regular network of rail, coach and bus routes.
Description: Deeson's restaurant is a British restaurant set in the heart of the historic Cathedral city of Canterbury. At Deeson's we pride ourselves on serving the best of seasonal produce that is available to us from Kent the allotment of England and Britain. Our menu celebrates everything that is great about Britain and it's culinary history. At Deeson's we have the freedom to change our menu's on a daily basis directed by the feedback we receive from our suppliers letting us know which products are particularly good at any given time.
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Good, I have been a few times before......best for Sunday lunch. I will say this time that the starter menu seemed to lack anything of interest and needs revising in my opinion. Still a great meal and one of Canterbury's best. Keep it up

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Saturday lunch with the better half. Our order consisted of potted rabbit and prawn/crayfish starters, followed with sea bass and belly pork (with a excellent tasty roasting jus). Finishing with poached pear and coffees. Good wine list, we drank the mercury and a nice example of this village burgundy it was. The service was relaxed yet very attentive with a really good dining room atmosphere. Not need to say more, I can't wait for the next chance to dine here!

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Why oh why must people from the 'Big Smoke' come to the wretched provinces and delight in slagging off the restaurants? I've eaten in my share of fine dining restaurants - I wouldn't have said 'Deeson's' is fine dining, by the way; moreover, I wouldn't have said it pretends to be - and I'd put 'Deeson's' up there with the best of them. We've enjoyed all our meals there and, since moving to Canterbury last year, and having been terribly disappointed by a number of the city's other restaurants, we've resolved it's pretty much the only place we'll take friends to. On the most recent occasion, I was persuaded to have the pork - my husband raves about the pork belly, but it's not a cut I fancy - because I was so tempted by the pork shoulder and black pudding stuffing, and bubble and squeak. It was absolutely stupefyingly good. I understand the head chef was recently voted into the top three chefs in Kent - admittedly a horribly provincial award! - and it's an accolade richly deserved. I LOVE IT!

1  Thank Annabelle D
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Service was very attentive. Attempted to be fine dining with presentation but fails as food very bland and over cooked. White chocolate cheesecake was good but overall meal was very disappointing. Hype about locally sourced products on menu made but of no consequence as poorly over cooked with no seasoning. White bait was soggy and mashed potatoes watery. Fish was over cooked which was a pity as had good crispy skin. Although staff were very pleasant it was irritating to be constantly asked if I wanted a soft drink when it had been made clear that I was driving and only required water. Felt like he had been set back to up sale. Glad we had set menu as would have been annoyed to receive such bland food at prices on over priced full menu.

1  Thank mollymeg56
Reviewed January 18, 2014

If we've ever got friends visiting Canterbury, we'll always take them to Deesons. It really is a fantastic restaurant with some lovely local food. The pork is always particularly delicious - and a great addition to being able to have a local ale/beer too with your food! It's slightly more expensive than other restaurants in the area, but that probably represents the quality of food. Definitely visit!