“Excellent value and friendly service”
Review of Azouma

Azouma
Ranked #14 of 379 Restaurants in Canterbury
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Azouma, a Moroccan/Lebanese restaurant has been rated top 3 Arabian restaurant in the country by AA Gill on Sunday times. is located on Church Street in Canterbury, is a calming haven from the bustle of every day life. The traditional dining room, decorated with lanterns and throw cushions, is perfect for romantic dinners, relaxed business lunches, family get-together and fun celebrations. The exotic menu at Azouma features regional dishes from Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, Syria and Turkey – favorite dishes include the succulent Tagine Djej Bzetoun – slow-cooked chicken with piquant lemon and olives; and the sea bass baked in traditional Lebanese style. There is also a wonderful selection of mezze, delicate couscous dishes, spicy char-grills and delicious pastries, all complimented by fine wines and beers from Arabia and North Africa.
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I treated my parents to the buffet lunch. We hadn't booked, and the place was pretty busy, but a table was found for us with the minimum of fuss.

The range of food available as part of the buffet was very good - plenty of choices for vegetarians and meat eaters alike. Complete flexibility over whether you want a meze style starter followed by a tagine, just tagines, just meze and salad etcetera. All the food I tried was good, with some dishes very good. Whilst you probably won't want much of dessert there are a selection of small sweet dishes as well. Food is largely North African - Lebanese/Morrocan based, with other Middle Eastern and Turkish dishes mixed in.

Very friendly staff, nice decor and a good atmosphere, although it is a little cozy when busy.

Excellent value too.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We went to this restaurant for my 30th, and they served us burnt skewers! King prawn dish had shrimps! Bread was stone cold, drinks were flat! They saw us with kids and put us in tge basement where there was overwhelming smell of fresh paint! The burnt food took one hour to get to us!!! It was a disaster! We walked out hungry!

2  Thank Mariam R
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I went to azouma and It was absolutely delicious! We didn't book ahead and it was a Saturday night but this was no problem, we asked for a window seat and this was exactly what we got. I admit that the service wasn't very fast- but as you are getting delicious, fresh meals, I don't see how this is a problem. We shared the vegetarian mezee for a starter and it was amazing! It was lovely insight and didn't fill you up before your main. Everyone's main courses were divine and the service was brilliant. And on the last note I highly recommend the lemonade! I was expecting a normal draft lemonade but this isn't what I received! The lemonade was slightly flavoured with rose water and a hint of mint and It was exceptional! Please please please try it if you visit Azouma as you will be so glad you did!

1  Thank Kitty H
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband had a beautiful dinner at Azouma. I'm vegan and the waiter was ready to inform me on the best dishes suitable for me. The chef also prepared some special versions of the regular dishes (and I didn't ring earlier). When serving my vegan version of main course, the chef came to is to make sure its nice. Other than that we were left to enjoy our food. And it was good... Very good!

1  Thank Kasia L
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My son and I visited Azouma a couple of weeks ago as he always wanted to go there and hadn't had chance. We were really glad he finally made it there as the food and the experience was really good. We had planned to have a main course and dessert but were too full up after our couscous to do justice to dessert. The service was really good, we hadn't booked but it was ok and we were well looked after and were not rushed at all. It was a lovely relaxed atmosphere, reminding me of some of the nice places I visited in Marrakesh. We had a lovely meal with delicious food and drinks and fabulous service. What more could you want? Oh yes, and it was pretty good value too! I would definitely go again if only it was a bit nearer to where I live!!

1  Thank LindaCharlie