“Good service, average food”

Prezzo - Canterbury
Ranked #110 of 384 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving irresistible Italian cuisine in casual, friendly surroundings, Prezzo uses only the finest seasonal ingredients to create their award-winning pizzas, as well as other dishes prepared with produce sourced directly from Italy, all at prices that emphasise great value for money. Situated in prime and appealing settings throughout London and the U.K, Prezzo's chic, contemporary restaurant are often housed within historic buildings or buildings of local interest. Whatever the location though, Prezzo consistently offers an outstanding venue perfect for informal dining, business meetings, parties and other celebrations, aided by the charming and welcoming staff. Showcasing Prezzo's widely renowned pizzas, the delicious menus also offer a rich variety of antipasti dishes, creamy risottos and pasta, not to mention succulent chargrilled meats, fresh salads and a range of tasty specials for you to try. Finish up with your choice of Italian wine and coffee, not to mention an indulgent dessert, and you will have certainly enjoyed an exceptional Italian meal that you won't soon forget.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've been to a few Prezzo's, this one has a lovely atmosphere with great staff, but I felt the food could have been better.
Overcooked or undercooked starters, luke warm mains. May have been because they were busy, but other restaurants can keep up with that...

Would visit again and hope it was just a one-off as it really is pleasant otherwise.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Having not been to Canterbury for 3-4 years, we were aghast at the change from intriguing little shops to shabby schmutter and the usual chains. Sadly, even the independent restaurants have largely disappeared and taken over by horrible chain restaurants with their factory produced inedible food. Having been disappointed to see that our favourite Italian had also disappeared, we ventured into Prezzo thinking that perhaps they couldn't all be 'that bad'. It was. I ordered calamari and it arrived covered in an acceptable batter but the squid was revolting! Eating boot laces would have been easier - this was cooking at it's worst, either that or very bad storage over many years in a freezer. It was so bad I was still chewing one piece when the waitress finally arrived to our summons and took the stuff away. It must have been years old.

We waited for some ten minutes in trepidation for my husband's salmon and my Bolognese until, not being able to stand the tension any longer, we walked out - never, ever to return!

How can anyone with any taste whatsoever frequent these places? Disgraceful.

1  Thank Travelwise207
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

The thing on plate there was less food but made me full because it was so tasty for my pudding its so scrumptious it made feel that it was the best restarant in canterbury i would definatly go their again ! :-) O:-)

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Went as a party of 8 and we had nice meals. At the beginning though we explained we had a voucher code which meant buy one main course and get the second for £2.50. The waitress said this was fine but failed to explain it only meant certain meals on the menu. I suppose we should have noted this when we saw the code but I still felt the waitress (who smiled a lot with no conviction) should have pointed this out which was later admitted by her manager. We ended up getting a derisory deduction off the bill which spoiled things a bit as it was a graduation meal.

Note Prezzo for future reference ... and note fellow customer too.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

It was a Monday evening and not very busy but the service was really slow. We had the starters (4 of us) which were OK but then we were left for what seemed ages whilst the waitress served another table. When we did order the main meal (with another waiter) which included as youngsters like, the burger meal, the manageress however came over and stated that there was a delay with all the meals due to the burgers. When the main meals arrived the burgers were burnt and my meal was dry and not really very edible. With drinks this meal worked out at a starter and two drinks each at £25 per head which is not value for money. I appreciate some people like this place but as a person who cooks and appreciates food and drink then this place needs to be avoided. I did take up the issue with the manageress who was what I consider to be totally disconnected from the average family who are looking for a good meal with good service. Also as noted by others the toilets are not cleaned on a regular basis so take care with hygiene matters.