“Disappointed”

Ranked #109 of 372 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Serving irresistible Italian cuisine in casual, friendly surroundings, Prezzo uses only the finest seasonal ingredients to create their award-winning pizzas, as well as other dishes prepared with produce sourced directly from Italy, all at prices that emphasise great value for money. Situated in prime and appealing settings throughout London and the U.K, Prezzo's chic, contemporary restaurant are often housed within historic buildings or buildings of local interest. Whatever the location though, Prezzo consistently offers an outstanding venue perfect for informal dining, business meetings, parties and other celebrations, aided by the charming and welcoming staff. Showcasing Prezzo's widely renowned pizzas, the delicious menus also offer a rich variety of antipasti dishes, creamy risottos and pasta, not to mention succulent chargrilled meats, fresh salads and a range of tasty specials for you to try. Finish up with your choice of Italian wine and coffee, not to mention an indulgent dessert, and you will have certainly enjoyed an exceptional Italian meal that you won't soon forget.
Kololi, Gambia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Visited Prezzos, for a preshow meal before going to the Marlowe theatre.I have eaten in Prezzos mainy a time and have always enjoyed the ambience, high quality food and service.
Unfortuately not this time. The male waiter looked and spoke if we were a bit of a nuisance and had hurry up type of attitude. Our meal was plonked down in front of us 2-3mins after ordering, quick service we appreciate, but I would imagine that the microwave was on the blink as it was luke warm!!! The garlic bread on the side to share, was small and must have run past the clove at such a rate, as it certainly had not stopped to pick up any flavour.
Restaurant, clinically clean as always in Prezzos, but perhaps we just chose the wrong time for our visit

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Dover, United Kingdom
“Poor”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I dined here midweek with one of Prezzo's promotional vouchers. Staff so "professional" that they forget to even smile, say hello or thank you. And mention off promotional voucher seemed to give them even less interest.(promo voucher, get new customers in, might come back?)
It was quite busy but had to ask 3 different servers for a 2nd glass of tap water in 30 minutes of dining. My wife enjoyed her pasta but my meatballs were more like "mushballs" totally tasteless and devoid of texture. Had to wait 12 minutes for the bill and had to go to till to check when our change was coming back after another 10 minutes. In our opinnion they were short of staff but no excuses for not smiling and being polite. We have dined in other Prezzo's before but this was by far the Poorest even with a promotional voucher.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank kcchiu
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“poor service :(”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

As regulars at Whitstable Prezzo (where service is generally good) we decided to stop by at the Canterbury branch for a quick lunch. Downloaded a voucher for 2 meals for £12.95 and checked with staff that this would be ok on arrival...by doing so we had inadvertently let ourselves in for seriously bad service!

We were just after a quick bite but the very slow service made that impossible. There was a very unpleasant 'up-sell' approach for side dishes and dessert etc. which we didn't fancy and a feeling that we were a bit beneath them for not purchasing all of the extras.. To top it off, when we finally received the bill we were again sneered at for paying by cash and my change didn't come back to my table...at all! I felt like a right fool having to go up and ask a different waiter if I could have my change. And no, we weren't going to leave it as a tip!

London, United Kingdom
“A good tasty Italian meal”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

First time to a prezzo chain and it did not disappoint. Service was very good throughout. The food did not disappoint too. Will definitely visit the chain again.

“Generally good.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to dine, however there have been times where the pasta dishes were a miss. The service here is often positive, although I would like to point out that one waiter is quite rude - I haven't seen him around for a whole perhaps he's gone?!

I do recommend their Clazone dishes, everytime it's been a hit with me. The mushroom starter are great and the garlic bread to share is to scrumptious. Overall a good place.