“Great value for money”

Carena House B&B
Carena House B&B
Ranked #21 of 74 Canterbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this lovely B&B for one night as part of a weekend trip. The room was clean and comfortable, it was just a 15 minute or so walk into the centre of Canterbury and we received a really warm welcome on arrival. The breakfast the next morning was absolutely delicious, with everything cooked to perfection. Debbie was a great host and made us feel really welcome and comfortable during our stay.

I would thoroughly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jc32014
There are newer reviews for Carena House B&B

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I booked this B&B, originally back in November for a single night as I was attending a local sewing course. When the course was cancelled at short notice I phoned Carena House and spoke to Debbie who said it was no problem to cancel the booking. She did not charge a cancellation fee and said to let her know when the new date was scheduled for the course. This hung over to February and as soon as I got the new date I phoned Debbie back and said I wanted to re-book the room, as she was so kind to honour the booking. Then less than 24 hours before the course was to run, the course tutor phoned me to say that the area was prone to flooding and it was unwise for me to travel. I immediately phoned Debbie to explain that I really wasn't messing her about! She assured me that if I couldn't travel she wouldn't charge me again. Happily I made the decision to continue with the course so arrived at Carena House in the middle of a very wet and windy evening. Nothing was too much trouble, very friendly welcome, excellent room (upgraded to a twin at no extra cost) and awesome breakfast the next day. Consequently as this was such a lovely stay, when my next course is run, I will have no problems in using Carena House again. Thanks Debbie, you are a star. Sue T

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sue T
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My friend and I stayed in Carena House for 3 nights , after a trip to Southern France. We wanted to see a little more of England before our return to Canada. Good location - perhaps 15 minutes walk to town centre, and an easy bus trip to Dover Castle as well. . Debbie is very friendly and helpful. Excellent food - a great choice overall.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed in Caren for 5 nights. Though the room was a bit small but it is clean and tidy. My room faced the backside which was an added bonus for its quietness. Debbie, a fantastic host, cooked you excellent English Breakfast. She has been very helpful to me during my stay and pointed me to right direction and offer lost of useful advice. I have a great stay overall!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely bed-and-breakfast and Debbie makes you feel very welcome. Our room was towards the back of the house, it was very clean although a little small. Despite being on a busy road the house is very quiet although finding a parking space can be a challenge. Debbie cooked a sensational English breakfast to set you up for the day ahead. This B&B is well positioned just a five minutes walk from the town center.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Rodders27
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed in Carena for 3 nights. I was picking up my son to take him off to University and so my trip was always going to be one to remember but staying with Debbie made it extra special. the food, the place, the room, the comfort & the hospitality was exceptional. Debbie is a fantastic host, you don't feel as if you are staying in a B&B, I felt as if I was staying with a very good friend. Exceptional value for a priceless stay...Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We arrived at the Carena House B&B quite late after an extremely exhausting journey down from the North. Debbie welcomed us so heartily that it felt like coming home.
We slept excellently and in the morning we were served a delicious breakfast and had a long and funny chat with Debbie who really is the good soul of this B&B. The room and the bathroom were clean and nicely furnished. Unfortunately we could only stay one night, but Canterbury is a must see. We recommend this B&B and will stay there again if we are in the area.
- the two German boys -