“would recommend to anyone” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carena House B&B

Carena House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canterbury
Carena House B&B
Ranked #17 of 81 Canterbury B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“would recommend to anyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

lovely place to stay. great breakfast and debbie couldnt do enough for us

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
16 Thank helen1727

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2011

Carena House provided convenient (10 - 15 minute pleasant walk to the Cathedral), quiet, attractive accommodations during our four day stay in Canterbury. As a safety/health inspector for lodgings/restaurants in the US, I was especially impressed with how well designed and maintained the Carena House was and how clean the kitchen was. Breakfast, by the way, was excellent! In addition, the host/owners, Debbie and Barry, are very knowledgeable of the area and are willing to provide guidance and suggestions about what to see and how to get there.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
18 Thank David P
Pease Pottage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

Debbie was lovely and helpful. The room was comfortable and the shower was nice and hot - much needed after long days of exploring.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
16 Thank Janine M
Druento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2010

We spent 4 nights at Carena house, guests of Debbie and her husband. We had spent a night there under the previous management and we were treated to the same level of kindness and firiendliness. Rooms are clean and spacious for a B&B. Bathroom is fully equipped with shampoo and conditioner. Just a short walk from Old Canterbury and well served by the local supermarket. If you intend to spend some time in Canterbury, do look up Carena House. It's well worth it!

Nitpick: small bathroom sink!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
18 Thank Francesca-Alex
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

3 very pleasant stays in a truly friendly and welcoming house ! Attractive and quiet rooms. They've been converted to receive guests with a great deal of taste and thought, respecting modern requirements and period features (superb fireplaces) After our day's visits, we felt we came home.

• Stayed September 2010
18 Thank Kipling45
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

From the moment I contacted Debbie the landlady I knew I had found a great place to stay. She's a wonderful lady, so helpful, supportive (I was taking my son to Uni!) and a real character full of great stories and funny too! You feel so welcome the minute you enter the guest house. Lovely, cosy, very clean accommodation and so comfortable. You feel you are staying with a friend rather than a guest house. I was in Canterbury to take my son to Uni and right from the start knew I had found a special place to stay. Our twin room was light and very tastefully decorated as has kept Victorian features with fireplace with pretty tiles. Breakfast is delicious and nothing is a trouble to Debbie. I didnt meet Barry but my son said he was lovely to talk to and they both make you feel so welcome. I will ALWAYS want to stay there as its home from home but no housework!!! They are amazing hosts and cant thank them enough, especially Debbie for getting me through a very emotional time for a Mum, but made is so easy with her lovely nature. I would thoroughly recommend Carena House. A great find and feel I have made a good friend. Go and experience amazing hospitality. A real winner and jewel in Canterbury's crown!

• Stayed September 2010
19 Thank justjoyce3
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2010

My mum and I stayed in this room while I was moving into my student accommodation for University and the service we got was second to none. Debbie (the owner) could not do enough for us, not only settling us in and managing to stay cheerful at 8:30 with a packed breakfast room but also providing us with genuine and immensly helpful local knowledge of the best - and cheapest - places to eat, taxis etc. The room is very comfortable and well equipped with a large TV, comfortable beds and most importnantly of all, a briliant en-suite bathroom! The house is right on a main road into Canterbury (though you can't hear the road at all) so even with my poor navigational skills we managed to find it! It's about a 15 minute walk into the centre which houses the bus station if anyones travelling to/from there and a 10 minute walk to Canterbury East train station. I would like to go on record stating that I am a cynical and jaded student who rarely has anything good to say and even I felt both welcomed and comfortable at this B&B! 5*!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family