“Bad service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Pizza Express
Ranked #154 of 361 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Canterbury offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Came here tonight with some friends and we waited 15 minutes to be seated not impressed then it took 10 minutes before someone took our drinks order we received our drinks then no one asked us for a food order I had to ask twice 2 different waitors can u take our food order we then wait 25 to 30 minutes for 3 starters to come out

Staff not friendly

Would not recommend

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Quick service and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

If you want a no frills light meal in pleasant surroundings in the heart of the city - try this. We were in a bit of a hurry but enjoyed the leggera pizza. Service was excellent and gave us time for a dessert and coffee.

• Visited May 2014
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
“Ok but average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Ate here with 2 young children, was ok but service a bit slow. Food not the best at a pizza express, salad a bit limp and boring. Could be better.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Forgetting everything!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I went for a meal with my family. One of us is gluten free. I had to ask twice about the gluten free options for my niece. She ordered a side of garlic butter which we had to ask twice.

My starter was forgotten, my main was late and my desert was also forgotten. I used to enjoy pizza express and it is a lovely venue but the staff are just awful. To top it all off they charged me extra for something I didn't have.

I will not return and wouldn't not recommend it so anyone.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shark26_2014
Hornchurch Essex
“Pleasant but not over Impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

A nice location but unfortunately I thought the food was only average. The pizzas that we had were OK but were not over generous with the toppings. The staff seemed friendly enough, but let themselves down when they forgot one of our deserts and then had to be reminded twice before we eventually received it.
Overall, I thought it was overpriced especially the alcohol.

• Visited April 2014