“Pleasant staff and surroundings, food standard pizza/pasta type” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #156 of 361 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Canterbury offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Bath, United Kingdom
“Pleasant staff and surroundings, food standard pizza/pasta type”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very interesting building. Went as we had a vouchercode for 7 of us. We were seated in characterful out of the way area as correctly judged we could make out own entertainment and didn't need the buzz of the main restaurant. Sound pizza/pasta food,good value, and the helpful staff kindly adjusted the desserts as they had run out of one of the voucher code choices.

Visited March 2013

Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“Usually quite good, bit disappointed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We went here for a large work do. Around 20-25 of us went whilst the waitress was very good she seemed more interested in getting rid of us.
Are mains came out the minute our starters were cleared & the pizza looked like it had been under the heater for 10 minutes. The topping was limited to 1 piece of artichoke, pepper & olive per slice. It was really underwhelming.

I also hate the fact they add 10% service I like to tip what I think is suitable not what you think I should.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“nice food shame about the staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The usual menu and consistently good food, however today it took over 55 minutes from sitting down to getting our main course (with no starter). When I pointed this out because we were due at the theatre, instead of just apologising the staff said 'its actually only 45 minutes, its in the oven, haven't you got any olives left?' All they had to say was 'it wont be long, or ..we are busy tonight ... or sorry we'll be with you soon'. There was no attempt at a platitude or apology at all and the same attitude prevailed until we left.

It was a Wednesday evening and not a busy weekend. I was not rude -I have worked in restaurants so I know what that can be like, I merely pointed out our predicament and asked if our pizza was nearly ready. Other diners commented on the response we received and I have to say I have never experienced such arrogant staff and although I am usually a big fan of Pizza Express in other areas I probably will not go to the Canterbury branch again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MissPStLucia
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“regular customer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

hi, we are regular customers at the pizza express restaurant in canterbury . we have never had a bad meal there and the location is perfect, so central. the restaurant is located alongside the river stour and we always manage to get a table next to the window facing the river. service is always good. if i had to mention one issue, the male supervisor in our opinion looks scruffy, jeans hanging half way down his back. as it does not affect the quality of the food, we have never challenged it, but whenever he is working , both my wife and i comment to each other that he looks untidy. im sure some chosen words of advice from management would sort that. great restaurant and highly recommended . book if eating on thursday, fri or sat eve.

• Visited December 2012
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Always Reliable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I like to use independent restaurants and cafes but I'm increasingly getting poor food & service when I use them. I've been eating at Pizza Express for ever & I've & I've never had a bad meal.
The Canterbury Pizza Express is in a side street which you wouldn't stumble across. The service & food were excellent, I had Melanzane Parmigiana & polenta chips.

• Visited January 2013